Universal Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.
D

dhebard

Jan 2, 2006
Is there a universal remote that will control the R-15 as well as my other components? The so-called "universal" remote that came with it is seriously lacking!!

mike770

mike770

Apr 7, 2004
I have a Logitech Harmony Remote. It is great. It will control up to 25 devices. It will automatically switch to different input, shut down the DVR when watching a DVD, etc... You just hit the "Watch TV" button or the "Watch Movie" Button and the remote does the rest. You update it with your PC. A bit expensive but well worth it and it passed the "Wife" test.

P

philhu

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
mike770 said:
I have a Logitech Harmony Remote. It is great. It will control up to 25 devices. It will automatically switch to different input, shut down the DVR when watching a DVD, etc... You just hit the "Watch TV" button or the "Watch Movie" Button and the remote does the rest. You update it with your PC. A bit expensive but well worth it and it passed the "Wife" test.

Exactly right, except the remote (Harmony 880) only does 16 devices.

Edmund

Edmund

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 16, 2005
Granada Hills, Ca
If you want a non-PC programmable remote, only these models from URC/HTM have a preset code for the R15, the R5 , R7, and the mx-650. And cheap upgradeable remotes from OFA can have SAT code 1377 loaded either by phone or mail.

D

dhebard

Jan 2, 2006
How about the Universal Automator Remote Control - URC-200 from Universal Remote?

Edmund

Edmund

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 16, 2005
Granada Hills, Ca
dhebard said:
How about the Universal Automator Remote Control - URC-200 from Universal Remote?

It doesn't have preset code, but it has plenty of learning memory for you to teach the commands.

Status
Please reply by conversation.