Universal Remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dhebard

Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Is there a universal remote that will control the R-15 as well as my other components? The so-called "universal" remote that came with it is seriously lacking!!

I have a Logitech Harmony Remote. It is great. It will control up to 25 devices. It will automatically switch to different input, shut down the DVR when watching a DVD, etc... You just hit the "Watch TV" button or the "Watch Movie" Button and the remote does the rest. You update it with your PC. A bit expensive but well worth it and it passed the "Wife" test.

mike770 said:
I have a Logitech Harmony Remote. It is great. It will control up to 25 devices. It will automatically switch to different input, shut down the DVR when watching a DVD, etc... You just hit the "Watch TV" button or the "Watch Movie" Button and the remote does the rest. You update it with your PC. A bit expensive but well worth it and it passed the "Wife" test.

Exactly right, except the remote (Harmony 880) only does 16 devices.

If you want a non-PC programmable remote, only these models from URC/HTM have a preset code for the R15, the R5 , R7, and the mx-650. And cheap upgradeable remotes from OFA can have SAT code 1377 loaded either by phone or mail.

How about the Universal Automator Remote Control - URC-200 from Universal Remote?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)