Universal Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dhebard

Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Is there a universal remote that will control the R-15 as well as my other components? The so-called "universal" remote that came with it is seriously lacking!!

I have a Logitech Harmony Remote. It is great. It will control up to 25 devices. It will automatically switch to different input, shut down the DVR when watching a DVD, etc... You just hit the "Watch TV" button or the "Watch Movie" Button and the remote does the rest. You update it with your PC. A bit expensive but well worth it and it passed the "Wife" test.

mike770 said:
I have a Logitech Harmony Remote. It is great. It will control up to 25 devices. It will automatically switch to different input, shut down the DVR when watching a DVD, etc... You just hit the "Watch TV" button or the "Watch Movie" Button and the remote does the rest. You update it with your PC. A bit expensive but well worth it and it passed the "Wife" test.

Exactly right, except the remote (Harmony 880) only does 16 devices.

If you want a non-PC programmable remote, only these models from URC/HTM have a preset code for the R15, the R5 , R7, and the mx-650. And cheap upgradeable remotes from OFA can have SAT code 1377 loaded either by phone or mail.

How about the Universal Automator Remote Control - URC-200 from Universal Remote?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts