Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cardinal 177a

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 30, 2006
SW MO
Anybody recognize this unit?

All cast iron with 85x00 part numbers embossed on each part.

Total weight with Saginaw motor 70#.
PA160001.JPG

Came with Winegard SK-165 10' dish.

Dish has same dimensions as a Pinnacle but 16 panels.

Any info or manual welcomed.

Cool, looks like it could be a nice setup. There has to be more of them out there somewhere, those castings aren't one-offs.

I got a Winegard 10 footer/AJAK H-to-H off the roof of the Shell Knob school a couple years ago.

Cool, looks like it could be a nice setup. There has to be more of them out there somewhere, those castings aren't one-offs.

I got a Winegard 10 footer/AJAK H-to-H off the roof of the Shell Knob school a couple years ago.

So you are the one. Wondered who got it.

Those pictures put meaning to the phrase 'built like a tank'! looks like a nice, rugged unit, I have no idea what it is though.

I got one almost like it. I took down a dish that was old and not fit to use. The motor look ok. Right now it is sitting in my carport. One of these days I'm going to check it out. I'll take a picture of the H2H motor drive soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KE4EST
We sold lots of those same mounts. I am not sure where we got them but they were a very good mount. Our company was Antenna Development & manufacturing in Poplar Bluff Mo. We used them on a perforated 10 foot dish (see photos).

Attachments

• DSC_0007 (2).JPG
    DSC_0007 (2).JPG
    920.2 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC_0009 (2).JPG
    DSC_0009 (2).JPG
    531.8 KB · Views: 154
The one that I have is cast iron. When I got it, I regreased the gear and tried out the motor. It's in working condition. :oldsmile2
I was hoping to put one of my Primestar dish on it. I am thinking it would be a really accurate dish mover.
I'll take a picture of it tomorrow and post it here.

Here's the photos of the H2H drive I mentioned earlier. I don't know anything about it. It work great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 151
Here is another picture. I hook it up to the Houston Tracker motor drive and it work good, the motor on the H2H makes some noise but it does what it supposed to do. Maybe I need to exchange it since I got few of them lying around.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 143
We sold lots of those same mounts. I am not sure where we got them but they were a very good mount. Our company was Antenna Development & manufacturing in Poplar Bluff Mo. We used them on a perforated 10 foot dish (see photos).
Thanks billyboy_1

What time frame?? Late 80's or early 90's?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts