Unreasonable Customer Rants

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
I am just going to post some rantings I still have here about repeative calls. These are customers who dont freq the this site as these people have just unreasonable demands.

1. 721 vs 727 on Live Pro Games on Sports pack. Took a call because guy upset that an RSN that was not local to him wasy showing 721 vs 727 while a MLB game was on. I tried explaining that the 727 vs 721 was due to the MLBEI as EI just remaps rsn feeds during the game and that 727 will only show up as a general rule when it is a local blackout. guy inisited I was lieing to him .... OMG people as along as it comes back after the mlb game does it really matter the osd code be it 721, 727, 666!

2. If your moving to an apartment and you know that your going to need a tripod mount tell the movers department that! Techs dont always carry tripod mounts on there vans but if tell them when they are making the work order the tech should have it. We are a mega corp not a mind reader.

3. Superfan is required for HD Games get over it. stop beating that dead horse. Dont like it go move to canada and pick it up off of BEV ( I think bell express vue still carries nflst i may be wrong ) Dont like the policy you can sends letters to Larry D. Hunter interm CEO of Directv

4. Dont like John Malone..... Switch to dish. He has done nothing in terms of policy so I dont know why some callers think that ranting about him is going to loosing up dtv purse strings.

5. People 3 months ago who recieved a free HD DVR demanding another free HD or DVR or HDDVR box

6. Dish net subs who must be deft and cant hear thanks you for calling Directv the 3 or 4 times it is said before you get an agent. Then who get upset when you cant help them as you cant look up there account info

7. Customers who feel the need to yell to get a credit. You have protection plan and you wre still charged no big deal we will take care of that right a way no need to yell.

Coming up next complaints about agents.

Stonecold,

About the tripods???? How would you like to do a service call on a tripod? If they blow over they need repointing. I sell them or advise customers how to get them...and....no, I won't work for the HSPs...so I don't have a manager to ask.

Joe

Stone,

Interesting list. Hard to believe that you get calls like that. I guess there's a lot of customers out there that aren't informed about things.

I can only relay my experiences with DTV CSR's over the phone. I've never been impolite or abusive with a CSR and I've never had a problem on their side in any conversation. I guess there's a correlation to that :)

I agree on SuperFan. SuperFan = SuperScam. We're paying for "HD Access" , why pay twice? It's a money-grab bundle, always has been.

Gotta laugh at 6 - you would think E* would actually get the brunt of those, as they have "dish" in their name.

On Superfan issue hey I dont afree with HD being part of superfan but it beenthat way since day one. Yelling and screaming about it not going to change that fact.

Stonecold,

About the tripods???? How would you like to do a service call on a tripod? If they blow over they need repointing. I sell them or advise customers how to get them...and....no, I won't work for the HSPs...so I don't have a manager to ask.

Joe

it is a compalint about the customer not the Tech. How is the tech suppose to bring a tripod mount if the customer does not tell us they there appartment complex requires it.

9 out of 10 crybabies get superfan free GET WITH THE PROGRAM STONECOLD!!!!

Ha that where you wrong.

Most calls for free superfan are denied. As most of them are new customers and new customers dont get free superfan. Smart customers already got free superfan or reduced cost superfan.

Again i dont believe HD should be part of superfan but I dotn get to make policy.

Just curious, how often do you get calls of people complaining about the missing national HD channels?

Surprisingly I might get 1 every couple of months. te call trends for that are actually very low hd complaints.

Top trends have been

old recivers that cant get 700 channels

customers upset about espn classic move to sports pack. We actually get more complaints about espn classics move to sports pack then we do versus calls

Customers ordering NHL CI

superfan calls.

Stonecold - I think I have a reasonable rant for you! I had an offer on Directv.com for a free upgrade for all equipment except an hd dvr, which was $99 instead of the usual $199. That offer has been withdrawn and it says an hd dvr is now back to $199! Why would they remove an offer like that? It never gave a time frame for it. It doesn't seem fair to me that they would operate like this. Do you have any information about it? Thanks.

Stonecold, I can appreciate your dealings with customers. Pertaining to #2, about tripods. I'm an in house tech. It would be nice if CS agents knew that a tripod is not approved for the KaKu dish.

75% installs, of all apartment complexes, can't be done, by in house techs, period.

Stonecold, I can appreciate your dealings with customers. Pertaining to #2, about tripods. I'm an in house tech. It would be nice if CS agents knew that a tripod is not approved for the KaKu dish.

75% installs, of all apartment complexes, can't be done, by in house techs, period.

Another Tech rant would be if they would put the dang appartment number on the work order. Then I would probably bring a tripod with me just because.

Also 75% of apartment complexes can't be done by anyone.......:cool:

Good for you

Some people just suck and whine away the day over anything not free. DTV has to invest in the boxes and the satellites. They pay the FCC and every other crooked middle man in between and everyone complains that they want a 2 year commitment. Just go to cable or dish or whom ever you want but leave the techs alone.

2 Yr Commitment

What about the equipment going bad after only 1-2 yrs of service (most of the time), then guess what new 2 yr commitment to replace. I think they make the hardware to only last an average of 2 yrs. That is not right!

HA! If you stay come we will recverse the comitment for replacement recivers as long as they were areplacement and not oh I had a dvr and now I going to complain to dtv to get a free hd dvr type replacement.

Something free

HA! If you stay come we will recverse the comitment for replacement recivers as long as they were areplacement and not oh I had a dvr and now I going to complain to dtv to get a free hd dvr type replacement.

Exactly, changing the equipment type would cost you with any company. If you add a new free cell phone to your cell plan you have to accept an increased commitment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)