unscrambled weather on 107.3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

english2fourth

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
city of the angels cali
hey, when i was configuring the prodelin, i pulled all these canadian weather channels. no encryption, good pic. now, they are encrypted but I get all the channels. what is the story?

If you're getting them now you must have a PowerVu receiver, they are scrambled again tonite.
Maybe they were working on them earlier and had encryption turned off. There are a few channels ITC there but most are showing "SA" Scientific-Atlanta.

I should have inquired sooner...

Is there such a thing as Powervu feeds in the clear? I reread the posts that Ice and others had about the old receivers they got from Ebay. No one really followed up and I forgot about it.

The Motorola-GI equipment makes it easy to find the occasional DCII, ITC feeds that pop up here and there. It would be sweet if the Scientific Atlanta boxes worked in a similar manner to decode the PV feeds if they even exist.

Still sounds like a fun project to play around with if a unit is found for cheap. Plenty of Powervu feeds up there to scan through.

I was getting Fox News and Nat Geo in the clear on 91 for the most part of last month. They are both PowerVu. They're encrypted now. I was getting Fox business news in the clear the other day, but there was no audio, although I was fiddling around with my setup at the time so it may be totally in the clear. I haven't rechecked since Monday.

Edit: Rechecked and all of the Fox Feeds on 91 seem to be encrypted again. Too bad I was enjoying the free Nat Geo. [FBN has picture in the clear but no audio]

Last edited:
I should have inquired sooner...

Is there such a thing as Powervu feeds in the clear? I reread the posts that Ice and others had about the old receivers they got from Ebay. No one really followed up and I forgot about it.

The Motorola-GI equipment makes it easy to find the occasional DCII, ITC feeds that pop up here and there. It would be sweet if the Scientific Atlanta boxes worked in a similar manner to decode the PV feeds if they even exist.

Still sounds like a fun project to play around with if a unit is found for cheap. Plenty of Powervu feeds up there to scan through.

I have a powervu box and it does work for soft encrypted Stuff(at least in europe)

i assume it's the same everywhere else
quite a lot of stuff is soft encrypted as Not many people will ever see it anyway(only works on a powervu box)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)