UonTV's current status

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pestie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Spring Hill, FL
I was very excited about the potential of UonTV when I first heard of it, but alas, as many of us here know, it's basically turned into a 24-hour-a-day infomercial channel. It still occasionally airs something interesting, but judging from a few posts I've read here from several months ago, it used to be much better.

I noticed something weird, though. Last night I got my Fortec Lifetime Classic and set it up. My dish is fixed and pointed at IA5, so naturally I started looking for all the channels I had with my last receiver. I couldn't find UonTV for the life of me, even with a blind scan. I finally went to Lyngsat and looked up the parameters only to discover that the Fortec had found it - it just had a different name. My last receiver, the craptastic one, identified it as UONTV, so I thought the Fortec would, too. But it identified it as something else - four letters, starts with "S", can't remember right now exactly what it was. But to top it off, it was showing some religious cartoon. Has UonTV simply changed formats or what? Their web site is still up, but it looks like nobody's actually on their forums or anything, and the web pages for buying time seem to be broken.

They stopped selling time slots about 2 months ago and starting running all the infomercials.

It was a good idea, unfortunately I dont think enough people purchased time to make it a viable business.

Wow. And here I was all excited about the potential for UonTV. That's just what FTA needs - another Jumpin' Jesus channel. <sigh> Still, I can't honestly say I'm surprised. The prices they were charging were so low I can't imagine how they planned to stay in business.

Hey! I like those jumpin Jesus channels.
Though there seems to be a WHOLE lot of em on Satellite.

They are good for testing 18" dishs on AMC4. Funny how some of the highest power transponder seem to have this stuff on it.

pappapump said:
Hey! I like those jumpin Jesus channels.
Though there seems to be a WHOLE lot of em on Satellite.

UONTV had good thing going until got the bill's to pay and noticed could not survive.
What i wonder is how are they going to survive if they have little to no viewers?
They could had DrDish@TV and promo the hell out of it but they caved on their own vision and if UONTV is going what trun into 24/24 infomercial channel it should be put out to pasture it just waste of bandwith at this point.
I have not watched since last DrDish@TV they aired while back and do not plan to.
It's just like DeluxeMusic that promised so much and disapeared and never came back that can tell of????

RtpiFan:)

I think SOAC's audio is out of phase. I turn it on normally, and I can barely hear it. I select left or right channel, and it comes booming in.

This happens on a few G10r stations as well...

N5XZS said:
Funny that our local digital TV station here in Albuquerque KNAT-DT channel 24 is also carrying the TBN's SOAC.
They have 5 sub channels!:eek:
I wish some New Orleans DTV stations would multicast The Tube! I miss it :(

So did UonTV shut down? I don't even see them listed at lyngsat anymore and it isn't showing up anymore when I do a channel search on IA5.

Was a good idea, apparently poorly executed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)