UPDATE FROM WILT ON PQ ISSUES

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Posted at Yahoo Groups:

A bit of an update on this whole PQ issue and a few facts amongst the fiction;
Fact:
I think all know that we've been doing encoder upgrades, those are progressing and have now hit most of the transponders,
I think all also know that, since I've said it all along, all the transponders were and have been loaded as if all signals were on from day one--with duplicates where we didn't have the rights to put up certain feeds. What that means is that any added services have had *zero* impact on existing services.
I think that we, as we hit critical mass on the encoder upgrades, may have hit a line where whatever's wrong is, generally but not uniformly, visible to many of you.
I also think, based on some testing over the last week, since this started to become a more universal experience, that we may have discovered what is wrong and why-we'll get the testing done and make the changes carefully.

Fiction:
This has nothing to do with any plans for migration of services.
This has nothing to do with any "now that they're paying" bait and switch.
This has nothing to do with any long range plans to reduce any aspect of the service.

More as I get it.
Wilt

thats great news Sean. Im sure Wilt will get it worked out. All services have growing pains and none are growing as fast as V* or are trying to give us as much HD as V*.

thats great sean I"m sure glad wilt responded to this issue .I think over due time they will get this corrected and service will be better than ever............thanks wilt..................LONG~LIVE~VOOM.....................DIGITAL~DAN

I really appreciate that the company is willing to communicate with us. My boss tells me that D* was a lot like this in the beginning too. Lets just hope that Voom keeps the customer service mentality.

Wilt's involvement with the customer base is impressive. Not many company's have much involvement the with end customer, let alone HD fanatics. It is encouraging to see and tends to keep people in the boat when the weather gets rough.

I would venture to say that perhaps Sean won't be changing his sig now ;-P At least I hope so, I'd hate to see him go.

I think that as time goes on and the subscriber base increases, that Voom will reach a critical mass where the kind of "personal" service we're seeing from Wilt will be non-existent. And that could come in many ways, I only hope it's not out of something written in a forum such as this or yahoo comes back to haunt Wilt. All I can imagine is someone misinterpreting his comments and being blown so out of proportion where the Voom lawyers order him to back off.

-GT

Just posted on Yahoo Groups by WILT:

Update:
We think we've got the PQ thing nailed and will be making, if allowed to, some changes this afternoon before 5pm.
I'll let you know if anything changes that and/or when it's done.
Wilt

Good Customer Service

I just knew that Voom would respond directly to this forum.

I bet you will never see "Charlie" respond directly and tell the truth about the 921s!

100% Vooming in Phenix City, Alabama

The latest word from Wilt:
(reposted from the Yahoo Group)

Update:
We think we've got the PQ thing nailed and will be making, if allowed to, some changes this afternoon before 5pm.
I'll let you know if anything changes that and/or when it's done.
Wilt

The absolute latest update from Wilt:
Okay guys, see how pictures seem tonight overall, including DiscoveryHD.
Should be back to where we were or damn close to it.
On any given segment on any given channel anything's still possible but overall things should be better.
I know I needn't say this but, let us know.
Thanks,
Wilt

latest from wilt
Okay guys, see how pictures seem tonight overall, including DiscoveryHD.
Should be back to where we were or damn close to it.
On any given segment on any given channel anything's still possible but overall things should be better.
I know I needn't say this but, let us know.
Thanks,
Wilt

ken: beat me by 1 minute..as long as he's right great..really voom dosn't know how many customers he has kept on by his posts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts