Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am hearing from Techs who are getting trained on the 922.

As we have seen in the latest software update the MODE button no longer works which means there is no TV1/TV2 mode.

From what we are hearing from the techs who are getting trained this is not a mistake. There will be no TV1/TV2 mode for the 922.

TV1 will be for viewing on TV1.

TV2 will be used only for Sling, Recording and PIP mode. There will be no separate TV2 mode to output a different channel to a second TV.

Because of this the 922 will only ship with one 32.0 remote.

More as we know it.

Wow. So much for replacing my 622 with the 922 when it goes out. I already have a sling on my 722k so no big loss there.

Since they are only shipping one remote, this sounds like a permanent arrangement, not something that will be fixed in a later update. Is this your understanding?

That would be my guess.

I got to say though, I never use any of my receiver in duo mode, so I don't see it as a big issue for me.

As long as both TV1 HD outputs(HDMI and component) are still live, this would not effect me either, as I would run two HD TV's from a 922 anyway.

I don't use dual mode either, but I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind this one. It now does less than what a 722 with sling does (no TV 2, no EHDD support)

As long as TV1 is still output for distribution, will work for me. My 622s are fed throughout my house, I or wife can be in any room and still view our shows. Not planning to upgrade as I would need two 922s and six additional remotes. I would like to add the Sling Waffles if not too expensive.

So I guess the SD analog TV2 outputs (and remote) are all that are going away? I guess we aren't losing much... But still! Any crippling of hardware always leaves a bad taste in my mouth. :p Probably some "genius" is getting a bonus for coming up with this idea. :rolleyes:

No PIP works fine (unless tuner 2 is being used by the Sling portion)

Sling output would be active all the time if you have another TV using it (unless you remember to turn off the Sling Receiver). Sounds like the 922 is going to be locked in dual mode, PIP may be history.

No its not locked in dual mode.

It automatically flips in dual mode when a sling connection is started then goes back into single mode when they disconnect. Again PIP works fine. (I am using it as I type this) :)

Bummer.. I was going to replace the 722 which TV1 goes to the big screen and TV2 feeds the SD in the kitchen...

What I think they will do is try to sell you the Sling Receiver to put on your second TV so you can see TV2 in full HD.

I guess the best way to explain it, is that TV2 will be output to Sling Only...

Not bad actually a lot of people have always wanted HD on TV2.

I don't understand why they don't have a TV3 for sling (at least for DVR). They don't need to tie up a tuner to do this... Just sling the data in the case of a DVR event.

Now, to view live TV, I get using TV2.

How does the TV2 sling output get to your TV? It can't be wireless. Homeplug or Cat 5? Broadband? Many of us don't have blazing internet connections. Sorry if it's a dumb question, but I know nothing about Sling. I have been following the 922 posts with great interest, but I have to have TV2 somehow, esp with the new receiver fees, I wouldn't want a 2nd box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)