Update Pulled

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not this time, if that were the case Joey would have reverted back last night, since the Hopper reverted back the night before. Mine still has Carbon on the Joey, S529 on the Hopper - Joey will not revert back without some type of code or intervention.
The Hopper may have reverted but the Joey software is stored on the Hopper and has not reverted so any Joey will install the Carbon UI software.

Sent from my iPhone using Chrome.

If you read my previous post carefully, you will see that it reverted overnight Fri/Sat. The tech will be here soon and I will report back.

Even though your Hopper reverted it probably kept the Carbon Joey software. You can press menu twice and see the available Joey software. If it's still the Carbon versions then what Dudleydog73 said will happen, unless you get your Hopper replaced too.

Even though your Hopper reverted it probably kept the Carbon Joey software. You can press menu twice and see the available Joey software. If it's still the Carbon versions then what Dudleydog73 said will happen, unless you get your Hopper replaced too.
Can't they Factory reset the Hopper?
I mean you may loose everything but, you're going to anyway if you replace the hopper.

You must be able to reset the Hopper back to when it was new.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If you read my previous post carefully, you will see that it reverted overnight Fri/Sat. The tech will be here soon and I will report back.
And if you read my post carefully you would have seen that the Hopper software is quite different from the Joey software. If you go into System Diagnostics you will see what the available joey software is on your Hopper. Just because your Hopper reverted does not mean you also downloaded the old UI Joey software.

Good info guys. I'll be following this thread to see what happens.

What version should my hopper show being available for the joeys? My hopper is on s259.

Just got off the phone with Dish. CSR was surprised that the Hopper had reverted as they were told they wouldn't, just as we were.
She was a very good CSR, and had me try a few things and would go off to talk to someone higher up. In the end though, things are not right still. Tech will be here in a couple hours to fix whatever. I'm pretty sure it will be a new SJ.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

What version should my hopper show being available for the joeys? My hopper is on s259.
W106, S395, S487, S580

And Hopefully your Hopper isn't on s259.
S529

If you see any U versions that is most probably Carbon version of Joey software.

Just got off the phone with Dish. CSR was surprised that the Hopper had reverted as they were told they wouldn't, just as we were.
She was a very good CSR, and had me try a few things and would go off to talk to someone higher up. In the end though, things are not right still. Tech will be here in a couple hours to fix whatever. I'm pretty sure it will be a new SJ.

I thought one of the rules was NOT discuss this with Dish CSRs?

Reactions: Dudleydog73
I thought one of the rules was NOT discuss this with Dish CSRs?

Tell me how you get a replacement SJ without them wanting to try some things. BTW, they are aware that we have this new stuff.

Tell me how you get a replacement SJ without them wanting to try some things. BTW, they are aware that we have this new stuff.

Easy you tell them it won't power up.
You don't discuss reverting back software conversations.

Let the tech figure it out when he gets there.

Easy you tell them it won't power up.
You don't discuss reverting back software conversations.

Let the tech figure it out when he gets there.

Instead, they tried to force a new gui download to me. Unfortunately that didn't work.

Instead, they tried to force a new gui download to me. Unfortunately that didn't work.

Well you are the only person I know that was going to get forced a software release that hasn't been released to the general public yet.
Maybe the CSR wasn't as smart as you think.

They can put 100 SJ in but it won't fix it. The software is downloaded from the Hopper and if you check the software for the joeys that is on the hopper they all start with a U that is the carbon UI. The only way to fix it is for the Hopper to be replaced or the software on the Hopper to finally update to the old UI

Reactions: JSheridan
Agree, That's why I tried it on my regular Hopper 2k that had no Joeys linked ,and it didn't work anyway.
So I'll wait until it's done for real.

Can't they Factory reset the Hopper?
I mean you may loose everything but, you're going to anyway if you replace the hopper.

You must be able to reset the Hopper back to when it was new.

I don't believe that will force the Hopper to load new software. It will just revert to factory defaults for all user settings and dump all your DVR content. Joeys get their software from the Hopper so it will require and intervention from Dish for the Joey software to revert. Scott warned that once downloaded, you could not revert and this was not a supported release. IMHO you are on your own and should not expect to get your equipment replaced. I learned long ago that patience is a virtue and good things will come to those who wait.

Well you are the only person I know that was going to get forced a software release that hasn't been released to the general public yet.
Maybe the CSR wasn't as smart as you think.

She was plenty smart, it was someone above her that tried the forced download. Unfortunately it appears that the HWS has the u version for the SJ which means that it will again go to the new software overnight. :)

She was plenty smart, it was someone above her that tried the forced download. Unfortunately it appears that the HWS has the u version for the SJ which means that it will again go to the new software overnight. :)

The Joeys have the U version software not the Hopper. The hopper will stay the same until dish releases a new beta or pushes the final software.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)