Update Pulled

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wonder why some are reverting and some are not.. Mine never reverted back. However I am also not seeing it reboot in the normal 1am to 2 am time slot either. So it's not even looking for an update in the middle of the night.
How can you tell the last time it checked for an update?

There are several professional I.T. members on here, some even test software for a living. I know this as a fact.
I sure hope Dish somehow opens up the testing to the public.
If not using the method here on this these threads but maybe a sign up sheet where we can send our IRDs in to be added to the allow the UI update list.
Dish would then get lots of free valuable testing from SAT Guy Members vrs hireing extra paid contracted QA testers at Dish Corp. Those QA testers can then focus on the next alpha version.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am pushing for DISH to release a later version of the software so that they can get some public feedback before they release it to all.

I will update things when I hear more. :)

Thanks for the updates Scott! Really hoping that the next time they push out a test for the CUI, it'll be for H2Ks too, not just for the HwS.

Also, on another note, My H2K just updated to S614 earlier tonight.

Thanks for the updates Scott! Really hoping that the next time they push out a test for the CUI, it'll be for H2Ks too, not just for the HwS.

Also, on another note, My H2K just updated to S614 earlier tonight.

Mine has had S614 since the 15th.
It still wouldn't download the new UI.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I wonder why some are reverting and some are not.. Mine never reverted back. However I am also not seeing it reboot in the normal 1am to 2 am time slot either. So it's not even looking for an update in the middle of the night.
Some were targeted for updated Hopper Software (old UI) and some folks already received that update, those who got it didn't revert. (Or so is my understanding) :)

For me, I'm glad I didn't cancel the service call as the replacement Hopper doesn't have the issues I saw with the previous one. Problems I just thought weren't because of the Hopper itself. The problems were split recordings and 'judder' sometimes when first running the Hopper requiring a power cycle of the AVR to clear up. Neither are showing up on this new HWS and since I didn't lose any recordings that I couldn't get elsewhere it was nearly painless.

It will probably be about the time that the 4K Joey is released.
...or they continue to delay the release of the 4K Joey (and Hopper 3) until it's "ready enough". If they do decide it's okay or good enough, it seems as though they'll have to have some mechanism to get the new UI on receivers. They can certainly tell technicians the trick - which will probably get leaked again - or include the instructions in the box (actually, it's probably too late for that).

Now, will they have the 4K Joey with the new interface and the Hopper with the old ? I don't see them doing that...

Has there been any news on if / when Dish might push the UI again for manual updating?
Only thing I am hearing is by the end of the month. Nothing more concrete than that.

I know they are trying to make it a solid release. :) I can tell you it will be MUCH better than what you guys tested. :)

I know they are trying to make it a solid release
Therein lies the problem with "solid" and being released by a pre-announced date (or even a range, like Q1, 2016). I've dealt with buggy software in the computer world. A couple of different 3D-modeling software programs were being released on a yearly basis, come hell or high water, on a pre-determined date (actually, one was always released sometime in May, the other during a different month). It didn't matter what bugs existed - it was released.

With Dish's new UI, part of me supports them waiting until it's ready (within reason - if it takes another 6 months, for instance, they need to strongly consider removing the problem features). On the other hand, if they let us manually download the UI (like we were able to 2 weeks ago) on our own, and they keep updating it weekly or so, I would do it. How does that idea sound Vivek khemka ? Let the regular customers continue using the old interface. They won't care because they know nothing about this "carbon" thing at all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hopper 3 Postponed (Not really)

Yet another H3 question...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)