Update Pulled

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You can access your EHD with this version you have to go into menu-dvr-sources-click EHD.You can play downloads from your EHD without transferring them back to the HWS.Is that new or could you do that before?
You won't find sources until you turn on EHD and mate it to HWS..

I'll post this in the "issues" thread but will ask here first:

When you are in the "Schedule" screen, scroll through the events.

How do you get out of that list? What if you want to go back to the Recordings, Timers, etc? Am I missing something? Hitting Cancel works but takes you back to Live TV or your DVR playback.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I'll post this in the "issues" thread but will ask here first:

When you are in the "Schedule" screen, scroll through the events.

How do you get out of that list? What if you want to go back to the Recordings, Timers, etc? Am I missing something? Hitting Cancel works but takes you back to Live TV or your DVR playback.

Try the skip ahead and skip back buttons.

Okay, those both work. Not intuitive at all though.... Especially the skip ahead/back buttons. Did you hit those on accident and discover that? :D

Reactions: JSheridan
Okay, those both work. Not intuitive at all though.... Especially the skip ahead/back buttons. Did you hit those on accident and discover that? :D

Dish is moving more functions to those buttons. If you hit the # button in menus it will give you tips on how to do things in that screen.

This might be a dumb question but based of the previous post about the H2K not updating the beta UI,
So does that mean the H2K isn't going to get the new UI?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This might be a dumb question but based of the previous post about the H2K not updating the beta UI,

That might be a reasonable conclusion...

I don't think that the new UI is priority for the first gen Hopper since it isn't compatible with the 4k Joey. At least from what I saw on the internet. So maybe that is why there isn't a version out yet for that series.

The original Hopper isn't getting the new UI (yet). Remember, the 4K Joey needs the new s/w available on the Hopper it's attached to and if a customer has an original Hopper, it will be replaced with a Hopper w/Sling, force the update if it's not already installed, then install the 4K Joey.

Not at this time. It may in the future.

Not at this time. It may in the future.
they better update the H1 otherwise there will be some unhappy customers that have both a H1 & H2 that won't see each others recordings

Average customer really won't care... Those that do will call and Dish can swap the Hopper 1 for a 2.

Go to menu settings, diagnostics, updates then press play play recall. The hopper will reboot and go to the standby screen. Don't touch anything. Wait for it to reboot again then your download will start. Make sure all joeys are off and that nothing is going to record.

Make sure all joeys are off
I was told to unplug the Joey(s) the first time this update method came out and did it that way. Many didn't and it worked fine.... I think the reason for saying to unplug it is so that no one can use it while the Hopper is updating, which would interrupt the update. Or more likely, the Joey would be non-functioning anyway as it relies on the Hopper to function anyway.

This time, I left it plugged in and on and had no problem. After the Hopper was done, I went to the Joey and rebooted it through the Diagnostics menu and walked away. Looked at it an hour or two later and it was running the new UI.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)