Update "The List"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
I went to print out a copy of "The List" and noticed some outdated stuff there. Has it been a while since it was updated? Thanks Blind
Edit....Ktwo and 3C on 123w are two examples

Last edited:
3C is still there last I checked

I know qwert has to do an update but he's been pretty busy. Maybe I'll go through and do a fresh update.

One thing I did notice is when a channel leaves and we redo a blind scan, if the channel doesnt show up thelist may not remove it. Best thing to do is when you see something like that is to PM qwert or me with the info :)

Hi Blindowl1234,

By looking at the "normal" section of TheList, it was last updated on 12/21/2009.
I plan on updating the Ku section by the end of tomorrow, I still need help with the C-Band side.

One thing I did notice is when a channel leaves and we redo a blind scan,
if the channel doesnt show up thelist may not remove it.

That is intentional as some times scans do not pick up certain channels and they should not be automatically removed until the channel can be confirmed to be gone.
An example would be a low symbol rate channel like KFTL on 72.0°W AMC 6 Ku which rarely shows up on scans (depends on the receiver).

I have been busy recently, but in my free time I am still working on a newer version of TheList that will add more information/features and let users help us to keep it updated.

Thanks for the info guys. I do appreciate the list too! It sure beats having to go looking for a list elsewhere. Satellite guys---Everything you need on website. Blind:)

Heres an idea, delegate a specific satellite to a member, and have it be there responsibility to keep the satellite information up to date. They could then pass the info on and it could be added or removed from the list.

If you do go that route I will volunteer for 58 west.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)