Updated Channel list for BuildAGadget.com XM Online

SpaethCo

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 7, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
I got sick of waiting for BuildAGadget to update the channel list for their app. I edited the XML file to match the PDF that was published, and edited the channel groups to match.

Process is pretty simple:

1) Quit the App
2) Grab the new XML file from here (it's all text so you can validate it's harmless): www.hearaduckquack.com/gadgetxml.html
3) Replace the XML file in C:\Users\{Your UserID}\AppData\Local\BuldAGadget Content\XM Online Radio

Right now I can't find the stream for 20 on 20; it appears to have a different stream ID than #3.

I also left channel #18 as "Limited Engagements" per the PDF even though it is still "Enlighten" right now.

NOTE: You'll probably lose your Favorites in this process, so export them or write them down before you swap the channel list.

You rock man!!! I gave them a couple of days and kept checking their twitter but I was getting tired of not being able to get to the new MLB Channel (since its a new number it wasn't able to switch) and was digging around with google and it led me right back to the site I check daily (or hourly)

Enjoy your weekend and thanks again....
Dave

Unfortunately MLB Home Plate on channel 89 doesn't seem to have a stream. The BuildAGadget app is still tied to the old XM Radio streaming back-end that was used before they launched their new web radio portal. Unfortunately it appears they aren't adding the new channel IDs to the old system, probably because the old system only existed to support the now defunct old XM streaming portal.

Channels get no stream details when authenticating against the old XM servers include:

3 - 20 on 20
19 - Elvis Radio
21 - Underground Garage
22 - Pearl Jam Radio
24 - Radio Margaritaville
35 - Sirius XM U
36 - Alt Nation
37 - Octane
38 - Boneyard
61 - Bluegrass Junction
63 - The Message
69 - Escape
87 - Fantasy Sports
88 - NFL Radio
89 - MLB Home Plate
96 - Laugh USA
97 - Blue Collar Radio
102 - Playboy Radio
103 - Spice Radio
104 - Stars Too
105 - The Virus
106 - Road Dog
107 - Stars
108 - OutQ
109 - Cosmo
110 - Martha Stewart
111 - Oprah
112 - CNBC
113 - Bloomberg
121 - SXM Public Radio
125 - SXM Patroit
126 - Fox News Talk
128 - The Power
all the 800s

(Thanks to michiguide mike @ xmfan for identifying all the missing streams)

I'm hoping that the SiriusXM folks will fix this, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much because I have a gut feeling the old XM radio streaming back-end service is not long for this world.

Unfortunately MLB Home Plate on channel 89 doesn't seem to have a stream. The BuildAGadget app is still tied to the old XM Radio streaming back-end that was used before they launched their new web radio portal. Unfortunately it appears they aren't adding the new channel IDs to the old system, probably because the old system only existed to support the now defunct old XM streaming portal.

Bummer, I figured that out this morning when I went to select it and while the display was correct I got no sound. For now I'm using their xmonline website to stream MLB in the mornings and use the gadget in the afternoon when I'm listening to music. Still appreciate having the correct lineup in the gadget....

Dave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)