Updated DirecTV HD Locals Launch Schedule: November->March (And PBS Launches)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Colorado Springs HD

Does anyone know when channell 13, KRDO ABC will be launching. I have the other big three but am disappointed I don't have ABC yet in HD.

This morning DirecTV launched six more HD markets. Here is the new markets and the stations that launched:

Des Moines IA: All of the Big 4

El Paso TX: CBS, FOX, NBC (No abc)

Fort Wayne IL: All of the big 4

La Crosse WI: All of the big 4

Peoria IL: All of the big 4

Rockford IL: All of the big 4

None of the new markets received any extra stations like PBS or CW.

This morning DirecTV launched six more HD markets. Here is the new markets and the stations that launched:

So we should be seeing Fox as well? The channels that have converted all have a directv notice stating that they know this channel is down and they are working on it. Fox 14 is still SD as well as ABC (but we already know that).

According to the locals list - yes. Try rebooting your receiver. Otherwise, it may just be an issue on D*s side, sometimes it takes a day or so.

Good news for Northern Michigan:

CBS 9 is scheduled to be added in HD - hopefully Friday.
That would give the Traverse City DMA all of the big 4 in HD.

According to the locals list - yes. Try rebooting your receiver. Otherwise, it may just be an issue on D*s side, sometimes it takes a day or so.
Also, how does the lack of HD on ABC work? From what I've read here it's contractual, but do they continue to try and work out a deal or does it just go unresolved?

**EDIT** nevermind, you answered my question with the post above

weve got PBS in hd in the La Crosse- Eau claire WI Market

Last edited:
El Paso Local HD Missing ABC, CW, PBS

I emailed Directv about the new local hd signals in El Paso, TX. Of course, the answer 'in the near future' doesn't help much.

"Thanks for writing. We can't currently offer all of your local channels in HD (including ABC, CW and PBS) because our satellite capacity doesn't allow us to do that yet. We're continuing to expand our HD capacity and hope to offer more HD channels in your area in the near future. However, we cannot comment on channels, national or local, that are in negotiations."

Fort Wayne locals in HD!!

Fort Wayne, Indiana High Def locals are up and running. I am receiving CBS in 1080i, ABC in 720p, NBC in 1080i, and FOX in 720p. Just in time for the NFL on Sunday! Cant wait!!

Why don't we get local OTA digital subchannels? They promise "ALL of your local channels". Since when do ALL and SOME mean the same thing? Why are MNT and local OTA subs different than the big 4? Local is as local does! I want my money back. Blatant false advertising like this is why I switched from Comcast to DTV. Maybe I should get Dish Network...

Hey Jason in your location you spelled Central wrong btw

Last edited:
I emailed Directv about the new local hd signals in El Paso, TX. Of course, the answer 'in the near future' doesn't help much.

"Thanks for writing. We can't currently offer all of your local channels in HD (including ABC, CW and PBS) because our satellite capacity doesn't allow us to do that yet. We're continuing to expand our HD capacity and hope to offer more HD channels in your area in the near future. However, we cannot comment on channels, national or local, that are in negotiations."

I got the same exact response when I emailed them about not having FOX HD for the Sioux Falls market. I also emailed the local affiliate and they said DirecTV should be offering there channel in HD. Still no FOX HD in Sioux Falls. When they rolled out local HD's for this matket a couple of weeks ago that was the only one I was hoping for because I could already get the others with an OTA antenna. This is VERY disappointing!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts