Updated DirecTV HD Locals Launch Schedule: November->March (And PBS Launches)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
With DirecTV now completing the 2008 launches, there is a new and updated schedule of local market HD launch plans for Q2 2009, and planned markets for 2009 with no date yet:

Here is the latest (updated April 4):

Bangor ME April 09
Beaumont-Port Arthur TX April 09 (moved up from June)
Butte-Bozeman MT May 09 (moved back from Q1 09)
Dothan AL April 09
Harrisonburg VA May 09
Odessa TX May 09 (moved back from Q1 09)
Palm Springs CA April 09 (moved back from Q1 09)

From Satracer 12/31/08:
I can't tell you the exact ones yet because D* hasn't officially announced them specifically yet, but some of the most mentioned markets on this forum are on that list.

Without naming the DMAs (and of course these are subject to change), the states involved include KY, IN, SC, MI, WV, VA, LA, AL, MS as well as a few others.
No dates yet, but they are coming in 2009 if everything holds to form.

Last edited:
Who can I complain to about my locals still not being on the list? This is ridiculous!!!!!

Is my market really that difficult? We are the only one they are working on in January. Apparently, they want to devote a lot of time to us.

This is just some out-of-the-box thinking, but I know they are working hard to convert MANY of the SD Locals receiving locations to digital right now, to beat the 2/09 deadline. I wonder if they'll be doing the hardware required to add HD to these locations while they are there working.

Additionally, I wonder if they'll get more aggressive after 2/17/09 when they have completed re-do's of their receive locations and can dedicate more resources to adding new receive facilities.

Again, I don't know anything for certain, just my mind wandering and speculating.

I'm sorry for all of you still waiting for your HD locals, but 2009 should be a year that hits many more markets.

I just don't understand the thinking behind skipping my DMA which is #65. All the ones above me are either scheduled or done already.

Is Sioux Falls still set for the 8th? Do we know if KTTW Fox will be included?

I know I saw a thread a month or so ago that had specific dates on it but now I am not able to find it. And I remember it said the 8th on it because I wrote it down on my calendar.

I doubt that it is the 8th. Most everythings starts on Wednesday or Thursday. They've never done market launches on Saturday that I'm aware of.

How far ahead do we find out the actual day? Is it a day, a week?

Colorado Springs

Does anyone know when channell 13, KRDO ABC will be launching. I have the other big three but am disappointed I don't have ABC yet in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)