UPDATED - Dish drops WWE PPV changes mind Will Show Wrestlemania

I agree all PPV events are overpriced and too many of them and they all need to cut back on them and the price or it will hurt them in the long run and we will see what WWE Network tuns out for them but they said same thing when WWE started the PPV market and look what happened!!! :D ;) :)

Meltzer pointed out that WWE is a distant number three in pay-per-view, behind boxing and the UFC. If DISH were to cave in to WWE's demands, it would set a precedent that would potentially allow boxing and UFC to undercut them and make their events available on the internet at a slightly lower price, while not having to split the revenue with the satellite providers.

To be fair here, Boxing and UFC are actual sports. WWE is and always has been a scripted soap opera with men in spandex. There is a reason that sports books do not take bets for WWE events. To that end, Boxing and UFC have a much bigger draw IMHO. I havent watched wrestling since the shine wore off in my youth after learning the truth about it. To each their own I guess.

To be fair here, Boxing and UFC are actual sports. WWE is and always has been a scripted soap opera with men in spandex. There is a reason that sports books do not take bets for WWE events. To that end, Boxing and UFC have a much bigger draw IMHO. I havent watched wrestling since the shine wore off in my youth after learning the truth about it. To each their own I guess.

True and I watch UFC every show and PPV!! :)

There is a reason that sports books do not take bets for WWE events.

Believe it or not,you can actually bet on many WWE events.There are odds on the elimination chamber for this weekend.Just shows to go ya,you can bet on anything.

Essentially since WWE has essentially gone a la carte via the internet, it is disrupting the cable/DBS system. While it hurts the person without fast internet, 95%+ of the US is still covered. Now WWE gets all the $$ for the match. This will be an interesting case to see if WWE can survive as standalone. If they can do it, perhaps other networks will join them.

IMO, All the PPV sporting events are way way overpriced forcing people to illegally stream these events now. Im surprised that they havent lowered the cost of these PPV events with the amount of illegal streams that are popping up left and right. WWE is taking a huge gamble on this and im not 100% sure its gonna work. I Like Turtles!:)

In the UK people only pay $15 for WWE events. Heck during the attitude era and up until the last two or three years the PPVs were free overseas on Sky Sports.

WWE wasn't making much from DISH (or other providers). According to Bryan Alvarez who has talent and office sources in the WWE, the price was so high because of all the fees associated with putting it on various providers. I read they weren't even making $10 / viewer for most PPVs.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

interesting and a bit off topic but when I was looking at the apps on my PS3, never really go there I saw a tune-in app, I know there is a certain person who like that app as well as many others, PS3 may be the place for the apps you want! :)

WWE Network claims they will have all WWE PPV's, past and present. Does that mean that Elimination Chamber will be available to stream when they launch on Monday?

WWE Network claims they will have all WWE PPV's, past and present. Does that mean that Elimination Chamber will be available to stream when they launch on Monday?

They are saying Elimination Chamber won't be available till a month after it airs but you never know!! ;) :)

interesting and a bit off topic but when I was looking at the apps on my PS3, never really go there I saw a tune-in app, I know there is a certain person who like that app as well as many others, PS3 may be the place for the apps you want! :)

He already knows about Roku and the Tune In app is there as well....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts