UPDATED - Dish drops WWE PPV changes mind Will Show Wrestlemania

I guess that a nice plus with the wwe network, looking forward to catching those older PPV. Tomorrow should be fun

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I just called dish. They told me to order it on wwe.com. most absurd thing I have ever heard. If I were a dish shareholder id be pissed!

Perhaps Dish is encouraging it to see if the servers can really handle the load. If WWE messes it up bad and the feed is choppy and pixelated, fans will be P.O.ed and may demand to see it via their channel providers instead of the internet.

I just called dish. They told me to order it on wwe.com. most absurd thing I have ever heard. If I were a dish shareholder id be pissed!

They hopefully didn't say to order it there, and come back to Dish to watch it, did they? Sadly, there are CSRs that will say things like that. They are supposed to tell you it's not available on Dish. Please tell me they told you that. There's really nothing wrong with telling you where you can order it and watch it. If Dish doesn't have it, there's no benefit from pretending to not know where you can order it. If we're talking about competing PPVs, yeah, nobody should tell you to go to the other place to watch it, but that's obviously not the case.

Ok let me get this straight. WWE ppvs are gone from DISH. ALL AMERICAN DIRECT GOES OUT OF BUSINESS. so it looks to me that Dish has lost any advatage it has over DIRECT. THE AAD thing really has me thinking. I still have 10 months left on my Dish Contract with hopper, but when that's over I guess i will go back to DIRECTV AAD was the single big reason why I chose DISH. Now i'm going to have to Re Think MY TV viewing....

Ok let me get this straight. WWE ppvs are gone from DISH. ALL AMERICAN DIRECT GOES OUT OF BUSINESS. so it looks to me that Dish has lost any advatage it has over DIRECT. THE AAD thing really has me thinking. I still have 10 months left on my Dish Contract with hopper, but when that's over I guess i will go back to DIRECTV AAD was the single big reason why I chose DISH. Now i'm going to have to Re Think MY TV viewing....
So do they have WWE ppv's and AAD over at Direct???

I guess that a nice plus with the wwe network, looking forward to catching those older PPV. Tomorrow should be fun

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
It's nice to be able to watch any Wrestlemania when I choose. I see PPVs from 1985 to present listed. WWE network is even sending emails about problems they encountered and approximate fix times. So far so good.

Vince took a chance with the 1st WM on PPV and it was a success and PPV's became hugs and now he is taking a chance with the WWE Network and will it be a success we will find out soon at least by end of year or by next years WM31 and if it is more will follow to do it if not the Satellites and cable companies will get better deal for them but we will see!! :)

Vince took a chance with the 1st WM on PPV and it was a success and PPV's became hugs and now he is taking a chance with the WWE Network and will it be a success we will find out soon at least by end of year or by next years WM31 and if it is more will follow to do it if not the Satellites and cable companies will get better deal for them but we will see!! :)
..Actually he didn't. WM1 wasn't available on PPV. It was broadcast to various public places via CCTV. I believe 3 was the first to be broadcast, but that was a HUGE success and cemented WWF's dominance of the wrestling PPV market.

..Actually he didn't. WM1 wasn't available on PPV. It was broadcast to various public places via CCTV. I believe 3 was the first to be broadcast, but that was a HUGE success and cemented WWF's dominance of the wrestling PPV market.

You are correct and I was at the 1st WM at Kiel and then watched WM3 on Cable television and I know but he started the PPV and then everyone started to do it and I was saying but thanks for clarification and letting me clarify what I meant by it!!! :)

It is a better deal to sub to the WWE over the internet. It is a great deal for the fans, but it will hurt those with limited internet.
I LOVE The WWE Network. It's on constantly in my house. I think we all knew this would piss off the cable providers, but oh well. Paying $60 for Wrestlemania was insane (not to mention it could be more if you felt like getting the HD version.) I just hope that they have the capacity to deliver on Wrestlemania 30. I'm sure there's many people waiting to sign up on the day of WM so they can get it for "free" and I just hope we won't be dealing with the system dropping out. Even before the WWE Network they had issues delivering over the internet. I was physically unable to order the Royal Rumble off their website (and after watching a pirated feed I felt like the WWE was doing me a favor) and other times it would work on the Xbox App but not the main internet feed. They really need to be ready come April 6.

I LOVE The WWE Network. It's on constantly in my house. I think we all knew this would piss off the cable providers, but oh well. Paying $60 for Wrestlemania was insane (not to mention it could be more if you felt like getting the HD version.) I just hope that they have the capacity to deliver on Wrestlemania 30. I'm sure there's many people waiting to sign up on the day of WM so they can get it for "free" and I just hope we won't be dealing with the system dropping out. Even before the WWE Network they had issues delivering over the internet. I was physically unable to order the Royal Rumble off their website (and after watching a pirated feed I felt like the WWE was doing me a favor) and other times it would work on the Xbox App but not the main internet feed. They really need to be ready come April 6.

Same here and watched quite a bit this weekend and love the stories on Legends of wrestling and can't wait for them to add more and Beyond the Ring and watched a few older shows and PPV's this past weekend and can't wait for them to add some more WCCW stuff and WCW shows Clash of Champions and some AWA and other stuff.I agree they better fix the issues before WM 30 or there will be some hell raising going on!! :)

I really like how they have a "live" feed with random shows and they'll have on like Best of Raw/Smackdown and I constantly see myself saying, "I don't remember that happening AT ALL!" You forget how much stuff changed over time and how storylines were. My best friend is a big wrestling fan (bigger than me) but often I'll be watching then text him random questions like "Hey, do you remember that one time Stephanie fought Brock Lesner?" and he thinks I'm making a joke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)