UPDATED - New Dish Pricing Info!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am sure that they will raise those fees next year. They will just raise the package prices and EVERY one will be paying for the "free" HD that we will all be getting.

OH YES! IF they do drop the 10.00 hd charge you can bet it will be absorbed by some new equipment fee. Who knows? This equipment fee hike might be the first step in doing this very thing. After all the $5.00 tv2 connection fee that was free if you plugged your phone in last year, is now unavoidable with multiple duo dvrs after the first on your account. So this 5.00 increase is half of the 10.00 right there. By next year there will be another hike of fees to make up the other $5.00 . Then DISH will announce: DISH - The Home of FREE HD!

OH YES! IF they do drop the 10.00 hd charge you can bet it will be absorbed by some new equipment fee. Who knows? This equipment fee hike might be the first step in doing this very thing. After all the $5.00 tv2 connection fee that was free if you plugged your phone in last year, is now unavoidable with multiple duo dvrs after the first on your account. So this 5.00 increase is half of the 10.00 right there. By next year there will be another hike of fees to make up the other $5.00 . Then DISH will announce: DISH - The Home of FREE HD!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The funny thing is, we are not going to be charged any additional DVR fees. He knew he could not increase those (he will increase it to $7 next year since Directv is going to this year). He had to increase something else.

Actually, if you look at the fees:

- There is a $6 DVR fee.

- However, DVRs cost $3 more than non-DVR receivers.

- So, the actual DVR fee is $3 per account plus $3 per DVR.

No, these hardware fees are a "hidden" increase to make up for not increasing the programming packages. Maybe Charlie is taking from the rich and giving to the poor so to speak? Most people have 2-3 rooms. If that is the case then the first receiver on the account, which has no fees other than a DVR fee, would not see an increase, even if it s a dual tuner (or are they still going to charge a fee for the 322 if it is the only dual tuner on the account?) then the second receiver could have just one tv output and voila, that is three rooms, most people should not even be affected. Charlie figures if people can afford more than three tv's then they can afford to pay more each month and won't mind the price increases.

Well, after finally poking around, I figured out what my bill would be:

Currently:

$67.99 - Classic Gold w/DVR
$10.00 - HD Fee
$12.00 - 2nd 722 receiver fee
$89.99

Will be:
$62.99 - Gold 250
$10.00 - HD Fee
$ 6.00 - DVR Account Fee
$17.00 - 2nd 722 receiver fee
$95.99

$6/mo increase. Unfortunately Crapcast is local cable co, and their pricing is worse. Wife doesn't want to switch anyway... looks like a drop down to Silver 200 will be in order...

What is this info I am hearing that is going to stomp Directv in the ground that I read in another thread? One person thought it might have had something to do with the new 700 mhz spectrum Dish bought and was going to try a triple play or some type of bundling with it? Something would have to really be outstanding to make up for this type of rate increase Dish is giving.

I am also thinking that with Dish having to give people credits to stay (loyalty department) that they figure that if they have to do that, then they have to make up for it by increasing fees.

I spoke with a CS agent yesterday about the proposed increase. She said they are still going through training but basically an equipment fee structure change. She also said that should bills increase drastically, they would offer rebates of sort for up to a year.

No, these hardware fees are a "hidden" increase to make up for not increasing the programming packages. Maybe Charlie is taking from the rich and giving to the poor so to speak? Most people have 2-3 rooms. If that is the case then the first receiver on the account, which has no fees other than a DVR fee, would not see an increase, even if it s a dual tuner (or are they still going to charge a fee for the 322 if it is the only dual tuner on the account?) then the second receiver could have just one tv output and voila, that is three rooms, most people should not even be affected. Charlie figures if people can afford more than three tv's then they can afford to pay more each month and won't mind the price increases.

If they stop discounting the $5 phone connection fee, that amounts to a $5/month increase even if you have only one receiver. At least that's how I read it.

I'm not too upset about all this. I have a 722, a 622, and a 211 with AEP, locals, HD and DHPP. Current bill is $132.97. If I understand correctly my new bill will be $145.98 - an increase of $13.00. But in August, my bill went from $142.97 to $132.97 with the free HD Platinum. So my net increase from before August will be only $3.00 per month.

She also said that should bills increase drastically, they would offer rebates of sort for up to a year.
This is true but I haven't reported it because the rebate is only $6 for 6 months and not everyone will get it.

I have no idea how people qualify for it though, and I can see it being a mess when User X gets the rebate while user Y does not.

What I don't understand is how a 722 for example as a second receiver at this time is $7 ARF (Additional Receiver fee second box), 5 AOF (Additional outlet fee TV2) and 5 DVR fee (.98 savings) so equals $17 and the AOF fee is waived if phone or internet is plugged in. We all agree this is the way it is now. Right?

So they say one DVR fee but all DUO DVR will be a flat $17 with no breakdown. To me we are paying for the DVR fee twice or they are raising the ARF fee from $7 to 12$ and the AOF is still $5. Either way this makes no sense and just another way to raise the bill without raising the programming package price.

Not sure what to think.

I have a 722 and three 522s.

It sounds like I would be better off trading in the 522s for 612s. My fees would be $36 rather than $48. I can drop Starz and be close to what I'm at now.

Since I run the 522s in single TV mode anyway, would I lose anything by going from the 522 to a 612?

Can someone tell me if my math is right?

Current fees:

Turbo Gold: $59.99
612 receiver:$12.00
Total: $83.99 + tax

New Fees:
Turbo Gold: $54.99
DVR Fee: $6.00
Total: $84.99 + tax

Can someone tell me if my math is right?

Current fees:

Turbo Gold: $59.99
Total: $83.99 + tax

New Fees:
Turbo Gold: $54.99
DVR Fee: $6.00
Total: $84.99 + tax

No. 612s will be $10.00, so you are going to save $3.00

So what is the advantage of having a dual tuner box, if they are going to charge you for the 2nd tuner? So if I am correct, I have a 622 and 2 222K's, that means my bill will go up 14.00 for the 2 222k's. That is alot more than the average 3-4 per year price increase. I don't see how they can do this and not piss off alot of people.

I have a 722 and three 522s.

It sounds like I would be better off trading in the 522s for 612s. My fees would be $36 rather than $48. I can drop Starz and be close to what I'm at now.

Since I run the 522s in single TV mode anyway, would I lose anything by going from the 522 to a 612?

You wouldn't lose anything if you use the 522s in single mode. You will gain HD output should you upgrade your TVs.

I think 612s are the way to go. I use my "Duos" in single mode and I never use PIP.

Of course Charlie will read this and raise the 612 to $16. :rant:

FiOS and DISH dual config and save

the 17 bucks per box is highway robbery. I will go to FIOS tv , and honestly i hate verizon but E must be dreaming if they think this pigie will fly.

I bought a 722 last summer, will I still pay $17 a month on it? :mad: This REALLY sux.
I lease a 722K with a buggy remote, I will turn in this saving me $17 a month.

I have FioS on order because I get $53 Triple play bundle savings a month for 24 months.
I save so much versus DISH that I can pause my DISH account after moving for HD baseball.
I'll get movie channels cheaper, many more in HD.
I'll get a speed boost to 25Mbps.
Lock in price, especially if Frontier buys out Verizon.
I'll have MRV.
I'll have VOD.
I get a 6 mo. $30 /mo. discount.
I get HBO/Cinemax free for 3 mos.
I get a free install.
My bill for triple play, after 6mos., will be less than my current AEP+722+722K+211 DISH bill.
[FiOS Config w/1 HM HD-DVR, 1 HD box plus an SD box for guest BR]
Save the $15 Lifeline Limited Basic for SD TV's.
Buy a PS3 with the savings...

Hopefully the wife will go along. Install on 1/13.

Status
Please reply by conversation.