UPDATED - New Dish Pricing Info!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So, if I understand all this correctly, with a 722k and a 622 with America's Top 250, my bill would look like this;

America's Top 250: $62.99
DVR Fee: $6.00
Duo DVR Receiver: $17.00

$85.99

Does that sound that right?

I'm so confused...

You're on it!

You misread. That was referring to the way things are now.

Existing non-DVR package customers with more than one dual tuner receiver not connected to a phone line or broadband connection will pay $5/month for each dual tuner receiver after the first.

I don't believe I misread it.

"will pay" is talking future, not past or current.

Think what you want, my friend. You will eventually get it.

I have always found it funny that someone would use the term "my friend" when they are trying to talk down to someone.

The fact of the matter is, unless the person that wrote that price list can't tell past tense from present or past tense, the "will pay" is future tense, meaning after the price change. I'm sorry if you don't understand this.

This just blows! I have AEP w/ locals, 3 x 722s and 1 x 510. Looks like my bill is going up by $26 :mad::mad: WTF!
1st 722 is "free". Next two 722s go up by $10 each, 510 up $5 , $6 DVR fee. AEP drops by $5.
Do I have correct math:confused:

I have always found it funny that someone would use the term "my friend" when they are trying to talk down to someone.

The fact of the matter is, unless the person that wrote that price list can't tell past tense from present or past tense, the "will pay" is future tense, meaning after the price change. I'm sorry if you don't understand this.
I understand the new fee structure. If you would read a little more of this thread, you would too. What bothers me is that you are mistakenly putting out misinformation on this already too confusing subject. I'm just trying to get you on the same page as the rest of us (or at least most of us). Also see:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ated-new-dish-pricing-info-2.html#post2061612

I understand the new fee structure. If you would read a little more of this thread, you would too. What bothers me is that you are mistakenly putting out misinformation on this already too confusing subject. I'm just trying to get you on the same page as the rest of us.

I get it. You think that just because a bunch of people speculate about a subject that they have no proof about and come to a consensus that can't be backed up with fact, means that their consensus is correct, regardless of proof to the contrary.

You = :angel:
Me = :dev

I get it. I really do.

:rant:[RANT]

I have read this entire thread. English is my first (and only) language, and I understand the difference between past, present, and future tense. There has been a lot of speculation and very little fact, until the "official price changes" post. A lot of people have come to a "conclusion" that the TV2 fees are disappearing, but that is directly contradicted by a post that alleges to be a cut-and-paste from a direct notification from the company.

You think you understand the new fee structure, based off of unconfirmed data that is contradicted by the "official" quote that I was referring to. I'm sorry that you think I'm spreading misinformation, but I am basing that information off of a post that is allegedly a direct cut-and-paste from someone's online billing.
Existing non-DVR package customers with more than one dual tuner receiver not connected to a phone line or broadband connection will pay $5/month for each dual tuner receiver after the first.
The fact of the matter is: that line would not be there if it wasn't true, unless the poster is intentionally misleading us, which I doubt.

Before you try to belittle me any further, please explain your thoughts as to exactly what that sentence means, if it doesn't mean an additional $5 fee for each dual-tuner receiver after the first, if not connected to a phone line. You are wrong about it being past tense, as I've already discussed.

[/RANT]

so turbo hd is going down but classic with hd will still be $10 more?

OFFICIAL PRICE CHANGES - this was noted on my at&t|Dish bill:

Effective February 1, 2010
Please note the following programming and monthly rate changes for
AT&T | DISH Network Service:

TurboHD Bronze with locals renamed to DISH America and repriced to $29.99 (-$5);
TurboHD Silver with locals renamed DISH America Silver and repriced to $49.99 (-$5);
TurboHD Gold with locals renamed DISH America Gold and repriced to $49.99 (-$5).
Wow, if this turns out to be true I'll be truly surprised -- because DISH finally did the RIGHT thing concerning the TurboHD pacakges! I'm not holding my breath though... :)

I'm not too upset about all this. I have a 722, a 622, and a 211 with AEP, locals, HD and DHPP. Current bill is $132.97. If I understand correctly my new bill will be $145.98 - an increase of $13.00. But in August, my bill went from $142.97 to $132.97 with the free HD Platinum. So my net increase from before August will be only $3.00 per month.

How did you get free HD Platinum?

I get it. You think that just because a bunch of people speculate about a subject that they have no proof about and come to a consensus that can't be backed up with fact, means that their consensus is correct, regardless of proof to the contrary.

You = :angel:
Me = :dev

I get it. I really do.

:rant:[RANT]

I have read this entire thread. English is my first (and only) language, and I understand the difference between past, present, and future tense. There has been a lot of speculation and very little fact, until the "official price changes" post. A lot of people have come to a "conclusion" that the TV2 fees are disappearing, but that is directly contradicted by a post that alleges to be a cut-and-paste from a direct notification from the company.

You think you understand the new fee structure, based off of unconfirmed data that is contradicted by the "official" quote that I was referring to. I'm sorry that you think I'm spreading misinformation, but I am basing that information off of a post that is allegedly a direct cut-and-paste from someone's online billing.

The fact of the matter is: that line would not be there if it wasn't true, unless the poster is intentionally misleading us, which I doubt.

Before you try to belittle me any further, please explain your thoughts as to exactly what that sentence means, if it doesn't mean an additional $5 fee for each dual-tuner receiver after the first, if not connected to a phone line. You are wrong about it being past tense, as I've already discussed.

[/RANT]

Like I said, you'll see.

I am really shocked. I never thought I would see the day when my local cable company would be cheaper than Dish.

Dish
Top 250
Starz
HD
3 X $17 Receiver Fees
$6 DVR fee
adds up to $142.98

Cable
Silver Level - Equivalent to top 250
HD
Starz/Encore Pack
$45 for Multi Room DVR for 4 rooms.
adds up to $140.70

Their Multi Room DVR is actually 4 DVRs connected via cable.
9 HD Streams, Record up to 6 simultaneous recordings.
Control recorded shows from any DVR on any TV.

The bad news is there is a waiting list. They have had too many new signups in the last couple of weeks.

The downside is we lose West Coast feeds, but we gain the local News channel which seems to always be doing something at the schools which causes my kids to complain that they can't watch themselves and their friends on some news story. :rolleyes:

Ok I really didn't want to join the "what is my bill gonna be" club, but I still am totally confused, because nobody seems to have a comparable constellation to mine. So please bear with me, I really read the whole thing and I still can't figure out my new bill.

I have a leased 622 as primary and a owned 722 on my account. Each feeds
one TV in single mode. The 722 is on the phone line and the ethernet. The 622 is connected to the 722 via dishcomm using it's phone line.
I am in no commitment.

So here's my current bill:

DISH Network DVR Service Fee 0.00
GoldHD 10.00
PlatinumHD 10.00
DISH Home Protection Plan (DHPP) 5.99
America's Everything Pak With Locals 102.98
HD DuoDVR Receiver 7.00

Total 135.97

I would appreciate it very much if somebody could put me in the light now:)

OFFICIAL PRICE CHANGES - this was noted on my at&t|Dish bill:

Effective February 1, 2010
Please note the following programming and monthly rate changes for
AT&T | DISH Network Service:

America's "Everything" PAK repriced to $99.99* (+$2.01)
America's "Everything" PAK customers without locals availability will be moved to
America's Top 250 & 4-pay premium packages priced at $97.99;
the DVR service fee ($6) will no longer be waived for America's "Everything" PAK customers.

TurboHD Bronze with locals renamed to DISH America and repriced to $29.99 (-$5);
TurboHD Silver with locals renamed DISH America Silver and repriced to $49.99 (-$5);
TurboHD Gold with locals renamed DISH America Gold and repriced to $49.99 (-$5).

Customers with one or more DVR receivers will be billed a single $6/month fee instead of a per receiver fee. Customers who currently subscribe to a "w/DVR" package will no longer see a bundled price point; bill will reflect package price and $6/mo DVR fee as explained above.

The following packages will all increase by $1 as a result of this change:
Classic Bronze 100- $39.99,
Classic Bronze 100 Plus- $44.99,
Classic Silver 200- $52.99,
Classic Gold 250- $62.99,
DishLATINO Plus- $34.99,
DishLATINO Max w/DVR- $58.99.

The following packages are also affected by this change:
DishLatino Classico- $35.99 (+$.02),
DishLATINO DOS w/DVR- $45.99 (-$2).

Existing non-DVR package customers with more than one dual tuner receiver not connected to a phone line or broadband connection will pay $5/month for each dual tuner receiver after the first. The following price changes will also apply: DishLATINO DOS- $39.99* (-$3),
Arabic Music Pak- $9.99 (+$3),
Filipino Viva Pinov- $14.99 (+$3),
French RFI- $1.99 (+$.99),
Greek Value Pack- $34.99 (+$2),
Greek Antenna Package- $24.99 (+$2),
Polish TV Silesia Plus RADIO Silesia- $4.99 (-$1),
Portuguese RTPI- $4.99 (+$.99),
Taiwan Sky Link- $4.99 (-$1),
Hindi B4U- $4.99 (+$2),
Urdu QTV- $9.99 (+$2),
Greek Elite Pack- $34.99 (+$2),
Russian Mega Pack- $34.99 (+$2),
Pak Mega Pack- $44.99 (+$5),
Tamil Mega Pack- $29.99 (+$5).

Additional receiver fees will change as follows:
Solo- $7 (+$2),
Solo DVR - $10 (+$5),
HD solo DVR- $10 (+$3),
Duo- $14 (+$9),
HD Duo- $14 (+$6),
DuoDVR- $17 (+$12),
HD DuoDVR- $17 (+$10).

Other name changes:
Classic Bronze renamed America's Top 120;
Classic Bronze 100 Plus renamed America's Top 120 Plus;
Classic Silver 200 renamed America's Top 200;
Classic Gold 250 renamed America's Top 250.

*Prices do not include locals; $6/mo more with locals
OK so your claiming, AT&T Knows Dish Networks Price increase, But no one at Dish Network has this information?
So Just another BULL SH%^ line the E* CSR's are giving their customers about the price increase.:rant:

I have a leased 622 as primary and a owned 722 on my account. Each feeds
one TV in single mode. The 722 is on the phone line and the ethernet. The 622 is connected to the 722 via dishcomm using it's phone line.
I am in no commitment.
I would appreciate it very much if somebody could put me in the light now:)

DISH Network DVR Service Fee New $6.00
GoldHD New $10.00
PlatinumHD Some of us got this removed YMMV
DISH Home Protection Plan (DHPP) New $6.00
America's Everything Pak With Locals New $99.99
HD DuoDVR Receiver New $17.00

Total New $138.99 or $148.99

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)