UPDATED - New Dish Pricing Info!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
OK I still don't get it. :)

I have a 722 main and 612 in the bedroom. Both as single mode each on their own TV.

My bill looks like this:
DISHDVR ADVANTAGE CREDIT FROM 12/11/2009 3.00CR
BUNDLE DISCOUNT FROM 12/18/2009 5.00CR
CLASSIC GOLD 250 FROM 12/25/2009 TO 01/24/2010 10.00
GOLDHD FROM 12/25/2009 TO 01/24/2010 10.00
DVR RECEIVER FROM 12/25/2009 TO 01/24/2010 12.00
CLASSIC SILVER 200 WITH DVR FROM 12/25/2009 TO 01/24/2010 57.99
Subtotal DISH Network Service 81.99

So.... what should I expect to see as my new bill?
I can't figure out why I'm being charged $12 now for "DVR RECEIVER" and under the NEW price list .... I have gold 250 with HD ... not sure how to get that in teh new structure.
No premiums. I gave those up with the LAST price increase

So, thanks for taking $3 off AEP, but then you add $6 for the DVR fee, and $20 for my additional 2 HD DuoDVR's, which I paid for and don't lease. Complete BS, $17 a month. As others have said, we have found out how they are going to pay for the TIVO lawsuit.

I'll be calling and bitching about my 16.6% or $23 price increase. My $138 bill will go to $161.

OK I still don't get it. :)

I have a 722 main and 612 in the bedroom. Both as single mode each on their own TV.

My bill looks like this:
DISHDVR ADVANTAGE CREDIT FROM 12/11/2009 3.00CR
BUNDLE DISCOUNT FROM 12/18/2009 5.00CR
CLASSIC GOLD 250 FROM 12/25/2009 TO 01/24/2010 10.00
GOLDHD FROM 12/25/2009 TO 01/24/2010 10.00
DVR RECEIVER FROM 12/25/2009 TO 01/24/2010 12.00
CLASSIC SILVER 200 WITH DVR FROM 12/25/2009 TO 01/24/2010 57.99
Subtotal DISH Network Service 81.99

So.... what should I expect to see as my new bill?
I can't figure out why I'm being charged $12 now for "DVR RECEIVER" and under the NEW price list .... I have gold 250 with HD ... not sure how to get that in teh new structure.
No premiums. I gave those up with the LAST price increase

Classic Gold 250- $62.99
HD solo DVR- $10
Gold HD- $10
DVR fee - $6

Total $88.99

I am e mailing the CEO office, with two 722s and a 625, all puchased............

if this increase is true I CANCEL, verizon FIOS has a cheaper triple play..........

I am e mailing the CEO office, with two 722s and a 625, all puchased............

if this increase is true I CANCEL, verizon FIOS has a cheaper triple play..........

I hear you Bob, 2 622's and a 722 all purchased. A $17 fee for a leased reciever is high, it is ridiculous for a purchased one.

Sweet! I went ahead and had a online chat about wanting to know why I pay $10 for Gold HD and $10 for Platinum HD on top of that, while new customers get the SAME HD programming for just $10 and it's called HD & Platinum now. So the CSR went and changed it to the new customer pricing and I retained all the existing programming. That will put my February 2010 price increase down to just $3. Now we're talking!:D

Existing non-DVR package customers with more than one dual tuner receiver not connected to a phone line or broadband connection will pay $5/month for each dual tuner receiver after the first.

This says to me: If I have a 2nd, or 3rd, etc, dual tuner receiver NOT hooked up to a phone line or broadband connection, then I will incur the additional $5 over and above the receiver fee of $17 or $14... The first receiver doesn't need to be hooked up, but others do...

what a mess. actually glad to not be a customer anymore, still kinda miss it.

was paying $60/month for a 722k Bronze + HD and locals. guess it will be more soon.

This says to me: If I have a 2nd, or 3rd, etc, dual tuner receiver NOT hooked up to a phone line or broadband connection, then I will incur the additional $5 over and above the receiver fee of $17 or $14... The first receiver doesn't need to be hooked up, but others do...

That was and is my interpretation also. Obviously KAB disagrees.

I sent this to the CEO address tonight

I am a regular satellite guys poster. customer for 13 years this month

bob haller personal ID info removed I am dropping my home line but will still have my business line

AEP with locals 2 722Ks and a 522 or 625. I buy all my boxes and do all upgrades myself. a long time ago I was a dealer. Its kinda a hobby for me. .phone and internet line connected at all times

is the rumor of the increase to 17 bucks for the extra 2 receivers true?

honestly if it is I will cancel the day its effective. all business must make money, but that's pure gouging. and no a 6 buck a month discount for 6 months isnt going to cut it.

for my new cost I can get the FIOS triple play.getting phone 15 meg internet and tv

Charlie Ergen who I met at the E 6 launch used to tell customers you asked for it you got it. I had a VIP invite to that launch

Now your trying to hold up the customers. Dish should be ashamed.

Send me the details on my new cost................ Let me know ASAP so I can get fios installed.

A very sad bob haller

geez I am going to have lots of equiptement to sell......

4 522/ 625s 2 722Ks plus dishes LNB switches and all sorts of odds and ends.

I may give one of my 722Ks to my best friends family, it would be their only receiver and they already pay the DVR fee. they might even save a few bucks since they can deactivate the old 3800 box I installed as a dealer so long ago, and they can send back their 510.

although they were already looking at the FIOS bundle

bob haller I contacted the CA AG offices and spoke to a nice gal today, while I don't think any AG will do anything for you as you bought your equipment the gal is going to look into what Dish Network is doing because she said from reading over the contract I signed back 17 months ago, Dish them selfs use the term "Equipment Lease" and "Monthly Lease Fee' and if in fact the receivers I have a true lease then Dish has no legal right to raise the equipment lease price for people who are under contract. She said if I was month to month customers I could choose to reject the price increase and switch my service or Dish could choose to let me out of my contract but they can not just change the terms of equipment leases when ever they fell. Now I am sure Dish at the end of the day more than likely if the CA AG decides to purse the issue Dish will ultimately just put the increases some where else like into the monthly plan or something just to comply with lease agreement on the equipment or something. But that would force Dish either to do smaller increases or admit to super large rate increase which would be super bad press for them.

At this point if Dish just offered to let me out of my contract and go my marry way I would be happy or issue me a credit for the difference between old lease fee to the new lease till my contract was over but I refuse to agree to a new 2 year contract and pay them $100 to downgrade from my 222 to 211 just so my lease fee wont go up and then have them just raise the lease fee on the new receiver next year and then be back in the same position.

I really hope CA AG offices go after Dish Network as they deserve it.

Last edited:
Yeah E will DESERVE the bad press and lawsuits which will result. at least since I own everything can sell it off, although resale prices may drop as people realize how much the reciver fees will be. I dont believe in leases or contracts

churn and sub losses will hopefully make them realize later this was a very bad idea.........

plus they are closing the mc keesport call center, moving the jobs overseas;( I feel bad for all those workers:(

Charlie has gotten greedy.

Now this is starting to not make a whole lot sense to me on some of the price differences here. The 222/322 receivers are going to be $14 ($7x2) but the 622/722 is going to be $17? That is only a $3 price difference. Shouldn't that be $20 instead of $17 since the DVR fee is $6 ($7+$7+$6 =$20)?

If a 222/322 is the first receiver on the account (or if there is only one dual tuner receiver on the account) will it not see a fee if no phone line is connected? What is 612 and 222/322 was on an account? Which would be first then?

Bob I don't know where your getting your info but it is wrong.

If the phone line is hooked up or not the price is the same.

Scott,
Please refer to Post #348 and #305 in this thread.
It appears that an official communication from DishNet directly contradicts your information.

Existing non-DVR package customers with more than one dual tuner receiver not connected to a phone line or broadband connection will pay $5/month for each dual tuner receiver after the first.

this whole thing is a mess. I have 1 vip 722 whats going to be my fees going too?

Not knowing your programming package, it is not completely obvious what your new bill will be. Most probably, your programming package includes 'with DVR'. If this is the case, your programming charges will drop by $5 and then you will be charged the $6 DVR fee. Your bill will most likely increase by $1.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)