UPDATED - New Dish Pricing Info!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well some additional solid info:) So to get the credits you must have at least some boxes connected. This might be what scott was refering too in his teaser post. in addition it appears there will also be a CHARGE for no connection, this is contrary to what scott posted.

TV2 connection fee-

Account level fee-
If the customer does not have any of their receivers connected they will be charged 1 account level connection fee after 2/1.

No account level fee-
If the customer has at least one receiver connected they will not be charged an additional TV2 connection fee after 2/1.

At least one credit-
if customer has more than one receiver connected or all of their receivers connected they will receive at least 1 TV2 connection fee credit for a period of 6 months and not charged a TV2 connection fee.

I am lost again. What is an "account level connection fee", how much is it and is it every receiver?

And there will still be TV2 "no connection fees" on top of the huge fee increases?

Well some additional solid info:) So to get the credits you must have at least some boxes connected. This might be what scott was refering too in his teaser post. in addition it appears there will also be a CHARGE for no connection, this is contrary to what scott posted.

Where did you get this information at? I am just curious.

I am looking into more details.

apparently to get any credit you MUST have at least some receivers connected.

dont know how much the account level fee is.

scott do you know any more than I do:(

Last edited:
laugh if you want, cant say more about my source, since E employees are discouraged about even discussing this.

never want anyone to lose their job on account of a post of mine!!!

IF everyone has such great sorces, as claimed here , Why is none of this confirmed by the only source.? Dish Network!
OK Directv had giving plenty of notice and informed its customers in writing what the changes are.

Dish Network hasn't said a thing.
And all these great "Sources" Haven't confirmed nothing,and still loaded with mass confusion.
So where is the confirmation from Dish Network?
What the Guys at CES didn't know?
An increase is less then a month away and Satellite Guys supposed to work hand and hand with Dish Network, and still so many unanswered questions and NOTHING CONFIRMED. So maybe its time to stop kissing Charlies A$$ and put him on th spot.
When is satellite guys going to be more agressive as a NEWS and information site. It seems Satellite guys is working for Dish Network and Not its members.

Yes , I'm pissed because no one ever says what needs to be said to E* on this site.
If D* has an issue it makes the front page, no matter how dumb it is.
D* atleast had the Balls to announce an increase,
E* hasn't said SH%^!

IF D* raised its price without notice, Satellite Guys would be all over it, Multichannel News would have a 15 page report on why D* Sucks.
E* does it though, Nothing.

IF everyone has such great sorces, as claimed here , Why is none of this confirmed by the only source.? Dish Network!
OK Directv had giving plenty of notice and informed its customers in writing what the changes are.

If you are a company and going to raise prices, why make an announcement in advance? Why scare away potential customers in January?

Of course Dish is going to be quite about this except as required by law to make disclosures.

Now if they were truely going to be lowering prices they would be touting that everywhere....

If you are a company and going to raise prices, why make an announcement in advance? Why scare away potential customers in January?

IF E* is worried they won't add subs with the new pricing, then its obvious the feel they are charging too much. Maybe they shouldn't raise prices then.;)

Dish Network hasn't said a thing.
And all these great "Sources" Haven't confirmed nothing,and still loaded with mass confusion.
So where is the confirmation from Dish Network?
What the Guys at CES didn't know?
An increase is less then a month away and Satellite Guys supposed to work hand and hand with Dish Network, and still so many unanswered questions and NOTHING CONFIRMED. So maybe its time to stop kissing Charlies A$$ and put him on th spot.
When is satellite guys going to be more agressive as a NEWS and information site. It seems Satellite guys is working for Dish Network and Not its members.

Yes , I'm pissed because no one ever says what needs to be said to E* on this site.
If D* has an issue it makes the front page, no matter how dumb it is.
D* atleast had the Balls to announce an increase,
E* hasn't said SH%^!

IF D* raised its price without notice, Satellite Guys would be all over it, Multichannel News would have a 15 page report on why D* Sucks.
E* does it though, Nothing.

I THOUGHT scott would ask charlie directly at CES, after all if anyone understands whats going on its charlie.

although as just a observer it appears this is a poorly planned idea some suit had that will backfire.

perhaps someone at E figures higher prced subs wouldnt care? since most of the hike is targeted at the high end customer.

and dont inform your subs till the last minute, so that every lease sub will be paying 15 bucks for each returned receiver......... how nice.

geez i hope it increases churn, i know it will here..

No because the industry only compares programming package pricing. It's deceitful but that's the way it has been since the beginning of time.

Eventually fees will be more than half the cost of the bill, but Dish will still be advertising they have a $25 package!

See ya
Tony

I THOUGHT scott would ask charlie directly at CES, after all if anyone understands whats going on its charlie.

although as just a observer it appears this is a poorly planned idea some suit had that will backfire.

perhaps someone at E figures higher prced subs wouldnt care? since most of the hike is targeted at the high end customer.

and dont inform your subs till the last minute, so that every lease sub will be paying 15 bucks for each returned receiver......... how nice.

geez i hope it increases churn, i know it will here..

I also would have thought when you have a bunch of DISH execs sitting around someone from SatGuys would have at least asked the questions and reported or hinted about it here.

Maybe they did but it has been eerily silent since the initial report and the updated report of the fee structure.

At past CES shows there has been at least a teaser about some conversation that was had with some suit about some subject with a promise of non disclosure and you can read more about it if you join the pub....;)

I also would have thought when you have a bunch of DISH execs sitting around someone from SatGuys would have at least asked the questions and reported or hinted about it here.

Maybe they did but it has been eerily silent since the initial report and the updated report of the fee structure.

At past CES shows there has been at least a teaser about some conversation that was had with some suit about some subject with a promise of non disclosure and you can read more about it if you join the pub....;)

Scott reported in one of the threads that The Dish Booth commented that what was posted at Sat Guys was too accurate for their liking.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/2067526-post1.html

Last edited:
Would EVERY SINGLE UNHAPPY PERSON PLEASE CALL E ASK FOR DISCONNECT and warn them if this goes thru we will cancel.

does no harm may help.

we have nothing to lose

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts