UPDATED - New Dish Pricing Info!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't want to disconnect, I just want some communication from time to time.

do you like the higher receiver fees? if so sit back relax and they will hit your wallet in february.

if you dont like such absurd fees, and think they are bad not just for E but the industry CALL E IMMEDIATELY!!

Maybe just maybe somone will say this isnt going to work!!

incidentlt cable does not charge a 100 bucks for a service call......

Last edited:
Would EVERY SINGLE UNHAPPY PERSON PLEASE CALL E ASK FOR DISCONNECT and warn them if this goes thru we will cancel.

does no harm may help.

we have nothing to lose

I have emailed CEO as mentioned previously about a separate billing issue and brought this topic up in that communication so I have already put them on notice that my interest has been piqued.

I prefer not to disconnect either but I want some communication and price certainty before I make up my mind.

If I don't think their latest value proposition meets my needs, I will cancel and send them back their 2 VIPs receivers and change providers.

It is, after all, only TV.

do you like the higher receiver fees? if so sit back relax and they will hit your wallet in february.

if you dont like such absurd fees, and think they are bad not just for E but the industry CALL E IMMEDIATELY!!

incidentlt cable does not charge a 199 bucks for a service call......

Once again, CHILL OUT!

All this is going to accomplish is to tie up the CSR's and keep them from dealing with other service issues.

How about this... everyone that has a service issue and tries to call Dish, keep track of how much time you are on hold and send a bill for your time to Bob Haller. :rolleyes:

incidentlt cable does not charge a 199 bucks for a service call......
No , I don't like being forced to pay $6 more then the Extra fee's that DVR customers already have to pay.
But D* average, increase is $4 per DVR customer too, I still Feel E* even with the increase is still a better bargon.
But soon price will won't be enough, if E* doesn't stop with its BAD business ethics.
Its OK to annouce changes a few months in advance, I bet 14 million people would be much happier instead of a bill that is all of a sudded $6 more.

I figured out that D* would still be $2 more per month after both companies increases. Biggest difference is $99 vs. $114 for the everything packs from both companies. Comcrap is $125 before you even start adding receivers.

S~

I have emailed CEO as mentioned previously about a separate billing issue and brought this topic up in that communication so I have already put them on notice that my interest has been piqued.

I prefer not to disconnect either but I want some communication and price certainty before I make up my mind.

If I don't think their latest value proposition meets my needs, I will cancel and send them back their 2 VIPs receivers and change providers.

It is, after all, only TV.

hey that return will cost you at least 30 bucks and perhaps 45 after feb 1st.

15 bucks for each return label.

sure dont call it was only a idea, but dont complain when the fees go thru.

since you choose not to cmplain.

just like people who dont vote and then complain when the new guy elected raises their taxes.........

I figured out that D* would still be $2 more per month after both companies increases. Biggest difference is $99 vs. $114 for the everything packs from both companies. Comcrap is $125 before you even start adding receivers.

S~
Well for me it will be for Directv after the increase,
$80 for HD DVR pack,locals,and HR-**
$5 For HD extra pack
$6 for Protection Plan
$10 for 2 addtional rooms. R16, HR-**
$101 per month.

Now Dish Network after the increase.
$63 for Top 250 with locals and Encore Movie Pack included Vip 722k Dual Room SD and HD DVR
$10 for HD and Platinum
$6 DVR fee
$6 Protection plan
$17 For Addtional Dual Room HD and SD DVR.
$102 per month.
Its about Tied, Only Difference is More HD channels I like with E* then What D* carrys.

My Current E* bill is $95.98

hey that return will cost you at least 30 bucks and perhaps 45 after feb 1st.

15 bucks for each return label.

sure dont call it was only a idea, but dont complain when the fees go thru.

just like people who dont vote and then complain when the new guy elected raises their taxes.........

It's generally not a good idea to attack those that agree with you....but if you want to come across as bat sh*t crazy, you are doing a good job.

It's generally not a good idea to attack those that agree with you....but if you want to come across as bat sh*t crazy, you are doing a good job.

my comments are for everyone here.

the one consistent comment from leaks, E CSR, and loyalty group the increase isnt set in stone.

I am trying to prevent a mistake of historical porpotions, at least from how I see it:)

Competitors will love these fees

I wasn't suggesting not to complain, just don't tie up customer service reps trying to respond to customers with problems. A rumored rate increase doesn't rise to that occasion.

Perhaps a more effective means to complain would be via a letter writing campaign. Someone taking the time to write a letter, spend money on a stamp and take time to drop it in a mailbox is more likely to be taken seriously than a zero-effort/cost toll-free phone call or e-mail.

Like most everyone else posting to this thread, I've been looking at alternatives, but I won't take action based on rumor. If Dish starts seeing customers leaving in droves after the rate increase, watch how quick they do some kind of reversal (probably in the form of some kind of credit to save face). If customers don't start dropping service... well then I guess Dish marketing gurus were right after all.

Well for me it will be for Directv after the increase,
$80 for HD DVR pack,locals,and HR-**
$5 For HD extra pack
$6 for Protection Plan
$10 for 2 addtional rooms. R16, HR-**
$101 per month.

Now Dish Network after the increase.
$63 for Top 250 with locals and Encore Movie Pack included Vip 722k Dual Room SD and HD DVR
$10 for HD and Platinum
$6 DVR fee
$6 Protection plan
$17 For Addtional Dual Room HD and SD DVR.
$102 per month.
Its about Tied, Only Difference is More HD channels I like with E* then What D* carrys.

My Current E* bill is $95.98

Hemi, I am sure you have tried this but have you looked into getting the 10.00 HD/Platnium fee changed to a 10.00 credit??

incidentlt cable does not charge a 100 bucks for a service call......

most do charge for service call, you are thinking about switching out equipment, they don't charge for that.

I don't follow you, I'm Getting HD and HD Platinum for $10 per month. Not $20 per month.
Dish will give me free HD?

When they dropped the "Platnium package", scottt had given the heads up that Platinum package was going to be dropped and it would be combined with the 10.00 HD package. Well since this was for new HD subs, people called and complained and said "Hey I am paying 10.00 for a package that does not exist (Platnium) So some of us get 10.00 HD credits. So each month I get charged the 10.00 but then 10.00 gets taken off as a credit

Here is a post back in July/August

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/182295-about-platinum-hd.html

Last edited:

LOL, sorry fkent, but I am pretty sure that boat sailed a long time ago! ;)

I do not like being forced to pay for locals from Dish when my ota signal is much better than Dish.

I don't think we should all cancel service, but instead after receiving bill with increased charges call Dish and question, then after their response, just say please suspend my service, or I will call you back when I find out when I can get another service connected.

My contact is up on 2/8, so then I will have other options. If a 100,000 suspend their service for a month it might make a difference'

I think I finally found my excuse to go to DirecTV . . .

From CES via Engadget HD . . .

A video demo of RVU extending a DirecTV DVR to another room . . .
We've been exited about the multiroom capabilities of the new RVU protocol built on top of DLNA since the alliance was announced -- DirecTV let its intentions of releasing products in 2010 known at the same time. Up until now we haven't actually been able to see it in action, but today we caught a great demo at the Entropic's booth, and it's cool. The demo showed a totally new DirecTV DVR connected to multiple TVs. The first TV was connected via HDMI and thanks to the wonders of MoCA, the others via coax. What is cool is that they all have the exact same experience and you can use it in up to 8 rooms, but only four TVs at the same time (one on the DVR, three via coax). Any TV with RVU built in -- Samsung and Sony are both a part of the RVU Alliance -- works without a set-top box, but for everything there's a small client. The new DVR obvioulsy needs more than two tuners to support all these clients but that information isn't public yet, but we were told it would be more than two tuners -- our guess is between four and eight. We were impressed and admit that this and 3D are two reasons we'll be seriously considering DirecTV as our HD provider.

This is looking way better than the 922. Especially for my system (15 TV's, 8 in-house channels). "DISH make my day . . ."

Link to the actual article:
A video demo of RVU extending a DirecTV DVR to another room -- Engadget HD

Last edited:
When they dropped the "Platnium package", scottt had given the heads up that Platinum package was going to be dropped and it would be combined with the 10.00 HD package. Well since this was for new HD subs, people called and complained and said "Hey I am paying 10.00 for a package that does not exist (Platnium) So some of us get 10.00 HD credits. So each month I get charged the 10.00 but then 10.00 gets taken off as a credit

Here is a post back in July/August

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/182295-about-platinum-hd.html
I see, Well I pay $10 for HD access with Platinum HD.
I don't get credits. But I'm not charged for Platinum. If I was it would be $20 per month, not $10.
Remember HD still cost $10 per month, Its just now E* gives you the platinum HD pack for free instead of paying another $10 like you used to.
I'm not sure what your seeing on what I posted , But I pay $10 per month for HD Gold and the HD Platinum package as I stated in my price break down.
I'm Not paying $20 and then getting a $10 Credit like I guess some of You are.

Again my Current Bill
is
$67.99 for Classic Gold 250
$10 for HD ,Including Platinum
$ 5.99 Protection plan
$12 addtional Duo HD DVR
$95.98

Looks Like I'll be seeing a $6 increase.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts