UPDATED - New Dish Pricing Info!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Because of the new fee structure there is no TV2 credit for having your receiver hooked to a phoneline or broadband. However from what I am hearing you will want to have them hooked up.:)

What?!?!

OK, let's see:

Right now:

AT250 w/ DVR - $67.99
HD & Platinum - $10.00
Leased 322 - $5.00
Owned 311 - $5.00
TOTAL - $87.99

After 2/1:

AT250 - $62.99
DVR - $6
HD & Platinum - $10.00
Leased 322 - $14.00
Owned 311 - $7.00
TOTAL - $99.99

Completely unacceptable. If this is how it works out, it's goodbye to Dish.

What?!?!

OK, let's see:

Right now:

AT250 w/ DVR - $67.99
HD & Platinum - $10.00
Leased 322 - $5.00
Owned 311 - $5.00
TOTAL - $87.99

After 2/1:

AT250 - $62.99
DVR - $6
HD & Platinum - $10.00
Leased 322 - $14.00
Owned 311 - $7.00
TOTAL - $99.99

Completely unacceptable. If this is how it works out, it's goodbye to Dish.

Yes and I am afraid that Many DISH subs will do just that. There is simply too many other options now for tv entertainment to be paying these ridiculous HIGH BIG ASS Equipment fees. The only subs that will not be hurt by these Highway robbery fees, are the customers with only one dvr or one receiver and possibly a 211k extra receiver.

I just can't wait to see the commercials that DIRECTV will play when they compare their fees to DISH's in the near future. Just when it looked like DISH was headed in the Right direction and adding more subs , this will surely stop the momentum and start the churn again for the new year. Then of course there is Echostar that makes the dvr receivers. They too will be hurt because of the churn in not only DISH subs but in dvr receivers that existing subs will give up in order to escape the outrageous equipment fees. Looks like old Charlie is feeling a bit greedy this year. I'm sure many subs leaving DISH in record numbers, will help put his heart right again.

How stupid can Charlie be ?

The only subs that will not be hurt by these Highway robbery fees, are the customers with only one dvr or one receiver and possibly a 211k extra receiver.
There are more gainers than that! I have a 722 and two 612's on AT250. I will see my monthly bill go down $3.50 as I explained on P1 of this thread. ;)

Yes and I am afraid that Many DISH subs will do just that. There is simply too many other options now for tv entertainment to be paying these ridiculous HIGH BIG ASS Equipment fees. The only subs that will not be hurt by these Highway robbery fees, are the customers with only one dvr or one receiver and possibly a 211k extra receiver.

I just can't wait to see the commercials that DIRECTV will play when they compare their fees to DISH's in the near future. Just when it looked like DISH was headed in the Right direction and adding more subs , this will surely stop the momentum and start the churn again for the new year. Then of course there is Echostar that makes the dvr receivers. They too will be hurt because of the churn in not only DISH subs but in dvr receivers that existing subs will give up in order to escape the outrageous equipment fees. Looks like old Charlie is feeling a bit greedy this year. I'm sure many subs leaving DISH in record numbers, will help put his heart right again.

How stupid can Charlie be ?

Agreed. If my calculations were correct, DirecTV will now be the less expensive option, even with their price increase in Feb.

So much for Dish being the more cost effective alternative.

We're still under contract for 8 months but the discount we'd get for the first 12 months of DirecTV would more than cover the cost to break it.

There are more gainers than that! I have a 722 and two 612's on AT250. I will see my monthly bill go down $3.50 as explained on P1 or 2 of this thread. ;)

How so? Can you show me the math that explains your bill going down? I mean this latest update shows that Charlie not only did NOT do away with the dvr fee even if he says their is only one dvr fee per account, he is now adding the phone connection fee to your bill, even if you connect your receiver to a phone or ethernet. He is simply rolling all the existing fees and the new tv 2 connection fee into one big ass equipment fee. I think that Charlie is being really short sighted and greedy in his old age. I mean $17.00 per extra dvr receiver? I think many will see this new equipment fee on their bill and go WTF?

Imagine all the phone calls to DISH billing department. Most won't have any idea about the upcoming changes and will react negatively when they see their bills go up. OF course if DISH has enough subs on auto pay and paperless billing , they might not know of the changes till they see a spike in their credit card bills for DISH of over 10.00 for each additional dvr after the first, if they have AEP.

If the increase is more than a few bucks I AM GONE, and i will be a sub 13 years this month.........

but things change, sometimes good sometimes bad but change non the less.....

How so? Can you show me the math that explains your bill going down?

I have classic 200 and my bill should go down $1. I did the math in an earlier post. I have a 722 which should be the "free receiver" and a 612. Should go down $1 after all the fees unless they haven't disclosed all fees yet.

I have classic 200 and my bill should go down $1. I did the math in an earlier post. I have a 722 which should be the "free receiver" and a 612. Should go down $1 after all the fees unless they haven't disclosed all fees yet.

yeah, my bill will also go down $1, have two 612s and two 211ks.

So the 722 becomes the primary receiver. You will get ONE dvr fee of 6.00 for that one. THen the 612 will cost you 10.00 add to the 6.00 and you will pay 16.00 in dvr and equipment fees. I see the price would be cheaper for the 612 because it would be 7.00 + the dvr fee or 12.00 presently.

But for subs with the Duo tuner dvr it would be an INcrease . Presently each additional dvr would be 7.00 + the 5.00 dvr fee or 12.00 and if you hooked up the phone line to the receiver you would not be charged the extra 5.00 . AFter 2/1/10 it would be the 12.00 + the tv 2 connection fee of $5.00 and of course the dvr fee would be accessed on the account . So if you had the locals/dvr bundle before, it would be an increase of $1.02 for the dvr fee on top of what you were paying.

I guess in some cases it would be cheaper if you had the 211k or the 612 as your additional dvr. But for anyone with multiple 622/722/722k dvrs it would be a large increase ,especially if they had AEP . But the main thing everyone should note is that if you have multiple duo dvrs on your account , you will be paying the extra 5.00 tv 2 connection fee that you weren't paying before , instead of the 5.00 dvr fee ,bundled with the 7.00 or 5.00 lease or additional receiver fee. All DISH did was change the name of the fee from dvr to tv 2 and rolled it into the ONE BIG ASS Equipment fee. So give a couple of dollars here or there , anyone with multiple duo tuner dvrs saw a price hike of $5.00 per dvr receiver or $10.00 if you had AEP, instead of a decrease for the new Dvr fee per account instead of per receiver.

DISH the home of the BIG ASS Equipment fee!

Last edited:
I just can't wait to see the commercials that DIRECTV will play when they compare their fees to DISH's in the near future.
You won't. In the case of the person you quoted, he will paying $27 in equipment fees for what I'm assuming is a five-tv setup. To go to direct, he would be paying four additional receiver fees x $5 plus the dvr fee for a total of $26. Nothing for direct to crow about, especially since duplicating that configuration means having to pay a $99 upgrade fee to get the hd-dvr which dish gives to their customers for free... though maybe direct will finally drop that this year. EDIT: On direct's website now, and it looks like they did drop the upgrade fee!

And again, for the standard four tv-- 625/322 setup-- $6 + $14... versus $6 + $15 (3 addt'l receivers) for direct.

Scott - you need to get clarification of what is meant by "DVR Advantage is no more".

What exactly happens to customers with those packages ?

If they get charged exactly the same for their programming , but they now have a $6 DVR fee, then it is a $6 increase for their programming.

You won't. In the case of the person you quoted, he will paying $27 in equipment fees for what I'm assuming is a five-tv setup. To go to direct, he would be paying four additional receiver fees x $5 plus the dvr fee for a total of $26. Nothing for direct to crow about, especially since duplicating that configuration means having to pay a $99 upgrade fee to get the hd-dvr which dish gives to their customers for free... though maybe direct will finally drop that this year. EDIT: On direct's website now, and it looks like they did drop the upgrade fee!

And again, for the standard four tv-- 625/322 setup-- $6 + $14... versus $6 + $15 (3 addt'l receivers) for direct.

An HD DVR is $199, the first is free however. Extra hd receivers or sd dvr's are $99. When I was researching both, the same setup i have on dish with zero down would have been $400 upfront on direct, or about four months of service, and still would have to pay "lease fees". Plus the choice extra does not have the same channels as classic gold 250, i would have had to go to premier which is a lot more because of channels like FSC. And I just looked, its still the same price on the site.

Can someone help me understand what my increase might be?
I have a 722 and a 222.
My bill looks like this:
Dec 23 - Jan 22
Classic Silver 200 With DVR 57.99
Multi Sport 5.99
HD & Platinum 10.00
DHA Leased Receiver 7.00​
$ 80.98​
Taxes

Dec 08 State/Local Tax
(Sales/Gross Receipts) 4.29
Total $ 85.27

Scott - you need to get clarification of what is meant by "DVR Advantage is no more".

What exactly happens to customers with those packages ?

If they get charged exactly the same for their programming , but they now have a $6 DVR fee, then it is a $6 increase for their programming.

That's whats going to happen.

Alot of talk among us moving to Direct, and I do know that each year around this time there is talk like that but I went on the Direct website and if I added it right after the Dish Feb price increase its still about 20 dollars or so cheaper with Dish.

What I picked has a price of over 100 after the promo on the Direct side. That would be there middle package three TVs (one SD), 5.00 reciver fees and the HD and HD extra pack, and 199 for an additional HD DVR.

Here is my Dish package after the Feb 1st increase I think:

62.99 for 250 Package
722K (most expensive of the two so zero fee)
612 10 Dollars
DVR 6.00
HD/Platimum 10.00, but I got in the the "Free platimum/HD" so I have 10.00 credit

With taxes I am looking at a few dollars over 80.00

Let me know if I am missing something

Thanks

That's whats going to happen.
Not according to your first post! The package prices are going down a little. In my case, my AT250 w/DVR bundle INCLUDING LOCALS currently costs me $67.99. I just checked my last bill again and that's what it shows. Your 1st post shows AT250 WITH LOCALS at $62.99 after 1 Feb, which is a $5 reduction. DVR owners will see the w/DVR package going away, and a $6 fee tacked on for any DVR (excluding 50x's) on the account. So, people with one Duo or Solo DVR will see their bills go up $1.

Alot of talk among us moving to Direct, and I do know that each year around this time there is talk like that but I went on the Direct website and if I added it right after the Dish Feb price increase its still about 20 dollars or so cheaper with Dish.

What I picked has a price of over 100 after the promo on the Direct side. That would be there middle package three TVs (one SD), 5.00 reciver fees and the HD and HD extra pack, and 199 for an additional HD DVR.

Here is my Dish package after the Feb 1st increase I think:

62.99 for 250 Package
722K (most expensive of the two so zero fee)
612 10 Dollars
DVR 6.00
HD/Platimum 10.00, but I got in the the "Free platimum/HD" so I have 10.00 credit

With taxes I am looking at a few dollars over 80.00

Let me know if I am missing something

Thanks
Well I find it hard to believe that E* is going to give you the Most expensive receiver free. If thats the case, I'll drop my 622 and get a 222 and the hell with DVR.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)