UPDATED - New Dish Pricing Info!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The ONLY reason I got AEP in the first place was because I had 6 DVR's and it cost me $1 extra at the time to get AEP. Of course, that went up to $4 extra now, but it was still worth it for every movie channel. However, I don't watch the movie channels that much and definitely not $40 worth. I could watch 5-8 PPV a month (which I don't) and see newer movies. This will actually save me money because my bill goes up $19, but I will drop $40 programming for a net savings of $21 a month. (I may then buy 1-2 PPV a month)

The ONLY reason I got AEP in the first place was because I had 6 DVR's and it cost me $1 extra at the time to get AEP. Of course, that went up to $4 extra now, but it was still worth it for every movie channel. However, I don't watch the movie channels that much and definitely not $40 worth. I could watch 5-8 PPV a month (which I don't) and see newer movies. This will actually save me money because my bill goes up $19, but I will drop $40 programming for a net savings of $21 a month. (I may then buy 1-2 PPV a month)

Or just use $9 of that savings to get Netflix with the unlimited streaming and 1 dvd shipped at a time. I get about 6 to 8 dvds a month shipped plus I stream a lot of TV shows that I've missed or are on HBO and Showtime. Probably the best $9 worth of entertainment I spend per month.

If the geniuses at Dish insist on punishing "AEPers" as has been suggested, I expect many who choose to remain with Dish will drop the AEP, eliminate the premium movie channels, and add NetFlix/Blockbuster/Red Box/whatever to fill the void. Using the reasoning above, the net outlay in this scenario should decrease.

I know I will not tolerate a double digit monthly percentage price increase in difficult economic times such as these- especially without one iota of additional value for the customer.

Or just use $9 of that savings to get Netflix with the unlimited streaming and 1 dvd shipped at a time. I get about 6 to 8 dvds a month shipped plus I stream a lot of TV shows that I've missed or are on HBO and Showtime. Probably the best $9 worth of entertainment I spend per month.

I agree. I also have this, and think that when more people start to realize this Netflix deal, they will be dropping their movie packs.

Am my prices locked in for another year since since I still on my contract & just signed up for service a few months ago??

No. Contract states programming and rates can be changed at any time. Every dish sub will have some degree of change.

It sounds like the account DVR fee is in addition to the DVR SERVICE fee assessed to each box.........

I dropped HBO and Starz at $23 per month and went with $9 Netflix plus free movie streaming with 17,000 movies to choose from. The 1 dvd at a time covers the premier movies on HBO/Starz and the movie streaming more than covers the reruns on HBO/Starz.

It sounds like the account DVR fee is in addition to the DVR SERVICE fee assessed to each box.........

Let's keep the terminology and concept straight. One DVR Fee per account plus applicable Receiver Fee(s).

I'm guessing that the Dish America packages (formerly TurboHD) will return to the online account manager for the general public to add and will be advertised on DishNetwork.com if they are taking the time to rename the packages. Hopefully they add some HD channels to each of the packages (i.e., FX, MTV, VH1, Nick).

I dropped HBO and Starz at $23 per month and went with $9 Netflix plus free movie streaming with 17,000 movies to choose from. The 1 dvd at a time covers the premier movies on HBO/Starz and the movie streaming more than covers the reruns on HBO/Starz.

The only problem with that solution is that the Netflix streaming movies ARE NOT HD PQ, more like average DVDs. So, unless you really work the mail quickly, you essentially get to see one Netflix HD movie per week when the BD arrives. In addition, many users of Netflix streaming video complain of download breakups if their internet service isn't at least 10 Mbs. Perhaps when streaming video becomes more technically mature, this option will be real competition to the premium movie channels in HD.

The bottom line is that my monthly bill will apparently increase by about 5%, which makes all the old jokes about cable's big annual rate increases passé. Time for me to figure out what to cut out of my service package. I can't believe Dish thinks it is a big deal to change to one DVR fee per subscribers. How many of their subscribers actually have more than one DVR, maybe one tenth of one percent or one in every thousand subscribers. What about the 50% or so of us that only have one DVR?

How many of their subscribers actually have more than one DVR, maybe one tenth of one percent or one in every thousand subscribers.
I'm not going to hazard a ratio, but I'd say you are WAY underestimating multi-dvr households.

I'm not going to hazard a ratio, but I'd say you are WAY underestimating multi-dvr households.

yeah once you are exposed to a DVR you dont want to watch tv any other way.

I have converted many friends and family to DVRs.

heck even my step mom who initially refused a direct tivo as a christmas gift now swears by her D tivo

I am sure they will be prepared and free with the credits when people start calling in those first few months.
Actually, price increase time is when CSRs (including retention) have the least amount of freedom with adjustments. The company pretty much hammers in that they don't want the price increases undone, and so adjustments are "not allowed" if price increase is your reason for calling at this time. That doesn't mean noone gets credits... some will do it anyway, thinking or hoping that it won't be enforced, or that if they word the offer in such a way that it is "apart" from your price increase issue, maybe the QA stick won't fall or can be disputed if it does.

However, one of the negative results of the new customer satisfaction callbacks from the company standpoint is that some employees are now checking reason at the door because a negative customer satisfaction survey is a far bigger threat than the consequences for excessive offers. And for that reason I expect that the company to take a zero-tolerance policy this year regarding price increase adjustments, though they might be allowed one-time adjustments or the $5/10-$10/5 offer. And the CSR roulette game will be a bit harder, because you're looking for a CSR who's willing to play a roulette game of his own.

So from what I've gathered in this thread Scott,
My Bill is going up $5
I'm Paying $12 for an addtional Dual room HD DVR.
Thats DVR Fee and addtional receiver fee.
Well your saying its $17 now. Right?
And Now a $6 DVR fee too?

From what you wrote, Your saying

Anyone with a 2 Vip ,622,722
Will cost them $6 DVR fee
and a $17 Addtional Receiver fee.
Total $21 an Increase of $11 per month?

Thats sounds like a ripoff!
If they are going to charge me a $6DVR fee per account , Then why charge a customer another $17 for another DVR in Fees.
It should Only be $13,
$7 for Addtional Receiver
$5 for their Bull Sh#$ Phone Fee.
Correct?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts