UPDATED - New Dish Pricing Info!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Why are you guys confused? The changes are to make it simpler. Right:D

Seriously, this is crazy.
Disagreeable perhaps, but not confusing. At least not for me.
$6.00 WHOLE ACCOUNT Dvr fee. Applicable Receiver Fees for second or more receivers.

If you have two HD DVR's you are currently paying $17.00 (you are probably forgetting the $5.00 "with DVR" add on to your programming package which will go away). After the change, $23.00, or $6.00 more than you do now.
OK so the Top 250 and locals and DVR is $67.99 per month Correct?
Now its going to be $62.99 Yes?
Thats $5 off.
OK now $17 for addtional Duo HD DVR instead of $12
And Now a $6 DVR fee, that never exsited before?

Now I pay.
$77.99 For Top 250 and DVR and HD with Platinum on my 722.
$12 For my 622
Total
Around $91 per month. Is my current bill without Tax.

After changes
$62.99 includes Top 250 and Locals
$10 for HD/ Platinum
$17 for my 622 and
$6 DVR fee
Total About $96 per month.
So a $5 increase.
Right?

If you have two HD DVR's you are currently paying $17.00 (you are probably forgetting the $5.00 "with DVR" add on to your programming package which will go away). After the change, $23.00, or $6.00 more than you do now.

Or if you are an AEP customer who connects his receivers via phone line or broadband, $7 is the total charge today for two HD DVRs. For this customer, a $16 monthly hit in additional hardware fees is apparently what is on the short-term horizon.

So To new customers, Everything appears Cheaper then before ,and way more cheaper then D*.
To the untrained Eye:rant:
When REALLY E* has Just added more hidden fee's.
And snuck in an addtional $6 profit in the process.
They want to make it simple?, Try telling the customer that their Bill is going up, and stop the Sneaky Dish Network Bull SH#$ .:rant:

I wonder if they are going to automatically adjust everybody's charges or will you have to call in like when they combined the HD channels into one flat $10 fee a few months back.

OK so the Top 250 and locals and DVR is $67.99 per month Correct?
Now its going to be $62.99 Yes?
Thats $5 off.
OK now $17 for addtional Duo HD DVR instead of $12
And Now a $6 DVR fee, that never exsited before?

Now I pay.
$77.99 For Top 250 and DVR and HD with Platinum on my 722.
$12 For my 622
Total
Around $91 per month. Is my current bill without Tax.

After changes
$62.99 includes Top 250 and Locals
$10 for HD/ Platinum
$17 for my 622 and
$6 DVR fee
Total About $96 per month.
So a $5 increase.
Right?

You are paying 89.99 now ($90.00), so it's $6.00.

There are now three guarantees in life:

1) Death
2) Taxes
3) Confusing Dish Network Pricing
You mean Confusing INCREASING Dish Network Pricing.
Why doesn't Charlie Grow some real Balls and Just tell us he's raising the price.
But Instead Wait Till Febuary comes around then slip us a bill thats more then the last year without notice.:mad: Yep Charlies Notice,, YOUR BILL! Thanks Chuck!

Its Straight forward, If you Have NO DVRs.:)

I did not say it was fair or that I liked it, just that it is simple.

1. No fees on first receiver.
2. Additional receiver fees are based on the chart Scott provided. Find your reciever(s) and add up your fees.
3. Add one $6.00 fee if you any of your receivers are DVRs.

Simple.

Last edited:
Dont like the quote in sections section on them being like cable. Please dont be like CABLE
They are not charging like cable
Cable will not charge you a 200. 00 fee up front for the second dvr like dish did me.
They will not charge you 20.00 shipping if the box goes bad
And they will not raise your price if you are under contract like dish is.

And at least in my town if you get the top package with triple play they have no Dvr fees.
I have the aep so it will hit me hard I was recommending dish to my friends no more.

UPDATED INFO:

Got some additional info tonight... There have been some changes...

Effective 2/1 core packages will generally be priced to include locals.

Today if a customer doesn’t want locals they can get the package for $5 less however as of 2/1 that choice will no longer exist with the exception of the markets where DISH does not provide locals. In these markets customers will get the package for $5 less.

DishFAMILY will be $24.99 with locals included
America’s Top 120 will be $39.99 with locals included
America’s Top 200 will be $52.99 with locals included
America’s Top 250 will be $62.99 with locals included

AEP With Locals will be going DOWN $2.99 a month, the price is currently $102.98 and will go down to $99.99.

For those with AEP and don't have locals available they will be moves to AT 250 plus 4 Premiums for a cost of $97.99

The DVR Service fee will no longer be included as part of the package for customers with AEP or Latino Everything Package.

TurboHD will be changing names and the price will be going DOWN $5 a month (plus will include locals)

The new name will be DISH America. TurboHD bronze will just be called DISH America (dropping the bronze name) but the other packages will retain their metal names.

As I reported a few weeks ago the receiver pricing is accurate. Dish is trying to simplify things as currently a receiver can have as many as three fees: an Additional Outlet fee, a DVR Service fee, and a TV2 Receiver Connection fee. as of February 1st, each receiver will only have one monthly fee.

Because of the new fee structure there is no TV2 credit for having your receiver hooked to a phoneline or broadband. However from what I am hearing you will want to have them hooked up.:)

As I mentioned before Dish is doing away with the $5.98 per DVR fee, there will now be one $6 DVR fee which covers all DVR fees on your account.

And there you go...

Once again SatelliteGuys brings you the real Satellite news first, happy new year everyone! :)

Its almost like Dish wants people to cancel Americas Everything Pack
and get rid of their DVR's

Note: Although we are making this change, it will become more important to DISH Network’s future than ever for customers to connect their receivers to broadband or phone lines.

Not only is that completely unhelpful, it's ludicrous at face value. I sure hope some clarification is forthcoming.

I don't know why Dish is even considering this rate increase. If they need to increase the rates, they should just increase the programming fees as they do every year, especially if they're really telling the truth about adding a bunch of channels in the same time frame. People would grumble a little, then they'd get on with their lives. Instead, they're taking fees which are stupid to begin with and making them in some cases even more stupid.

You want to know why I think they're pulling this crap now? Because they finally got piracy under control (IF they can keep ahead of IKS, that is.) Prior to a few weeks ago, if anyone got tired of paying Dish's prices, they could still not only continue to enjoy Dish for free indefinitely, but get even more channels than they were getting legally.

Whatever happen to that ”Sucking Commercial” that E* had against cable concerning costs? :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts