UPDATED - New Dish Pricing Info!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Okay first of all I am in Nederland ,Tx. Why would anyone claim that they live here if they didn't. Have you ever seen Nederland?

Second of all in comparing Cable to Satellite is like the difference between night and day. TWC has very few hd channels in this area compared to DISH...

They also have crappy dvr compared to DISH.I had road runner and it is widely overpriced compared to ATT yahoo.....

You don't have to answer me back funny thing is I went to TWC web page and use 1515 Boston Ave Nederland, TX 77627 as an address and that is where I found the prices for TWC in your area. If the cable is the same at your address as the address I used then TWC in your area has 93 HD counting all the locals, Premium and National HD which is more than Dish. So your statement that Dish has more HD is false. Your statement that TWC cable road runner is over price might be true if you don't subscribe to digital cable but if you get their package in at the address I used they basically give it to you for free.

The only truthful think are correct on is that Dish DVR are better. If you are willing to pay a big premium for them that is your choice I am by no means telling you not too. But to unilaterally say Dish is cheaper is plain false considering TWC in your area charges $15.90 per dvr so unless you have over 10 DVR no way Dish/ATT combo is cheaper than TWC bundle.

Fell free not to answer me back I do care, I guess the truth bothers you. Anyone else who wants fell free to goto timewarnercable.com and use the address above provided to verify the info I am saying is correct.

Just how many tv's can you watch? What does that have to do with anything? As far as comparing cable to satellite, well that isn't the point here. Hopefully most people already did the comparison between cable and satellite before they choose satellite. For most of those people, Dish is always going to be a better deal there. The real issue here is for those getting a price increase, what are we getting for that price increase? Did we get any new HD services? Did we get better DVR functionality. Did we get more stable equipment?

As far as I can tell is many of us will see a significant monthly increase in costs without any additional improvement in service. It also appears that the only way to avoid the increased costs, we will need to decrease the services we purchase.

If any benefit can come from the proposed changes, it is that someone with multiple DVR units can drop from AEP, and actually save significant money. Right now if you have AEP with multiple DVR units, dropping to AT250 can cost you more than AEP. Dropping to AT200 is about a wash. Of course part of that new additional savings potential comes from the new potential extra COSTS for multiple DVR owners with the AEP pack.

Researching between cable, FIOS, E & D depends on how long you have had your current provider.

I am doing the comparison currently, bundling can save big bucks

in my case its been 13 years, although a knowledgable person said most E subs last just 2 years. that amazed me......

Okay first of all I am in Nederland ,Tx. Why would anyone claim that they live here if they didn't. Have you ever seen Nederland?

Second of all in comparing Cable to Satellite is like the difference between night and day. TWC has very few hd channels in this area compared to DISH. They also have crappy dvr compared to DISH. So does DIRECTV for that matter. I had road runner and it is widely overpriced compared to ATT yahoo , which I have now and I don't have to take basic cable to get it either , like with TWC. So when I say DISH is sadly the cheaper , I mean for the services I want and for the needs of MY FAMILY it is cheaper.

THird of all I will not be conversing with you again since you like to say that I am" just plain ignorant". I don't feel that you would be worth talking to since you like to flame and call names. IF you don't agree with my assesment of the situation , you can say it without using names and flames. How old are you anyway?

Fourth of all : Welcome to my ignore list.

I agree, why would anyone claim to live there...even when they actually do!!! ;) :D
Between this guy and Bob, they seem to have taken over the thread. so, ignore might not be the worst thing...

if you look back the last time I thought about cancelling E was during my 721 hell experience.

at one point I had 5 refurb boxes sitting here, none of which would download new software thru my sw64 switch. no one at E knew the software wouldnt do that, reboot time climbed to 7 minutes, audio synch was poor, and the softare lacked limits, jen put in tons of cooking show timers and put the box in endless reboot. it cleared itself once enough tmers fired, or in our case aged out.........

At that time E tech was a shambles. but has improved greatly.

sadly the business common sense side has now gone down the toilet:(

I KNOW what good customer service is, and slam anyone who provides shabby service.

It does not amaze me to see the average Dish subscriber lasting two years seeing how a lot of people are switching from one provider to another to get the "deals". They end up switching back to Dish to get their deal again. Two years is their contract period so that is how long they are going to last. I wonder when we will see three year contracts or even longer for even better deals.

It does not amaze me to see the average Dish subscriber lasting two years seeing how a lot of people are switching from one provider to another to get the "deals". They end up switching back to Dish to get their deal again. Two years is their contract period so that is how long they are going to last. I wonder when we will see three year contracts or even longer for even better deals.

I am shocked at 2 years, once i find something that meets my needs I tend to stick with it, and ignore teaser rates.

apparently I am in the minority.

E should offer some sort of discount for staying. the longer the customer the better the discount.

must be cheaper than replacing customer so often

You are very much the minority that is the real reason that all the providers come up w/ the new deals every year to steal the customers from that other "guy".

I personally would love some competition in my area. I would be fine with bundling my services together. In the town where I work Comcast has the cable company and Verizon has the phone with DSL available. Both have very solid internet services in the town. The cable there seems to be pretty good with a decent selection of HD channels. They are far short of Dish or Direct, but have enough to keep me satisfied if I lived there. Unfortunately in my town I have one internet and cable provider, Jetbroadband. Talking about not an option. I could save a few bucks in their bundle, but with no HD or DVRs available I'd have to be on my last option. Even their SD signal is crap. I guess that's the price you pay for living in a rural area. Cost of living is cheaper, crime is lower, but choice is limited. That's how I ended up with satellite TV. Most of my friends and family would prefer my Dish for TV, but they hate change and end up staying with an inferior product for only about a $10 savings.

You are very much the minority that is the real reason that all the providers come up w/ the new deals every year to steal the customers from that other "guy".

Some posters here are like me, if you read that how long have you been a E sub thread I started.

Wonder why providers dont give long term loyalty discounts?

been with E near 13 years, almost as long for verizon cell

Some posters here are like me, if you read that how long have you been a E sub thread I started.

Wonder why providers dont give long term loyalty discounts?

been with E near 13 years, almost as long for verizon cell

Bob, I did get a loyalty discount of $10.00 per month for a year on my account last year , and I also got it for my second account for my parents as well. I found out about it on this web board and just called and asked for it and got it. I have 2 more months to go before it expires. Then I have to drop down to top 200 to keep my bill the same low price as today.

Bob, I did get a loyalty discount of $10.00 per month for a year on my account last year , and I also got it for my second account for my parents as well. I found out about it on this web board and just called and asked for it and got it. I have 2 more months to go before it expires. Then I have to drop down to top 200 to keep my bill the same low price as today.

How long have you been a Dish customer? I was just curious how long you have to be around to get discounts such as that.

Your contract has to have expired, and you must commit to a new 2 year contract to get the $10 monthly discount.

How long have you been a Dish customer? I was just curious how long you have to be around to get discounts such as that.

13 years on the 18th of this month. I don't know if they are still offering this discount, but I have heard of $15.00 a month off in some other threads. It never hurts to call and ask .

Well some additional solid info:) So to get the credits you must have at least some boxes connected. This might be what scott was refering too in his teaser post. in addition it appears there will also be a CHARGE for no connection, this is contrary to what scott posted.

TV2 connection fee-

Account level fee-
If the customer does not have any of their receivers connected they will be charged 1 account level connection fee after 2/1.

No account level fee-
If the customer has at least one receiver connected they will not be charged an additional TV2 connection fee after 2/1.

At least one credit-
if customer has more than one receiver connected or all of their receivers connected they will receive at least 1 TV2 connection fee credit for a period of 6 months and not charged a TV2 connection fee.

Also more information...

Customers with higher rates than normal for the first 6 months will receive the following credits off of their bill for 6 months. . If the bill increases by the following amounts the customer will receive the following credits off the bill-

$0- $6.99 =$0 credit
$7.00-$8.99=$2.00 credit
$9.00-$10.99=$4.00 credit
$11.00-$14.99=$6.00 credit
$15.00 or more=$6.00 credit.

New cancelation fee $420.00 or $17.50 per month remaining.

DHPP will now be called Service plan.
Anyone who adds the service plan to their account after 2/1 will be charged a $25.00 fee if they cancel the service plan. Service calls will be called Technician visits. They will now cost $95.00 if you do not have the service plan. With the service plan you will be charged $15.00 per visit. If you do a DIU and you do not have the service plan you will be charged $95.00 for the tech to do the install. If you have the service plan it will cost $15.00.

If you cancel your account and you request shipping labels to send back equipment you will be charged for 15.00 per label.Right now there is no charge.

Last edited:
I beat them at their own game and churn my account every two years. Feb 1st I will do it again to get the 922. Gets me the new equipment and $15 off for 12 months.

So what do you all think? Add a additional connection fee. Plus try to phase the insane price increase in over time.

It does appear to me they may not care about stacking and prefer to get the fee money instead. since its not split with providers.

I'm just glad that I got in with at&t|Dish when I did. I have a perpetual no contract. I can add hardware, and then cancel that same day, with no problems or fees. I make sure that they review that and add it into the notes each time I have upgraded my receiver...

Based on Bob's posting, this new fee regime seems just as complicated as the old one. As far as I'm concerned, the simplification rationale for combining receiver fees into a single fee is bogus if the same fees are still going to exist at the account level. There's not much change for the first receiver on the account ($1 increase if a DVR), but additional dual DVRs and dual receivers are going to cost several dollars more per month -- each. The 222/222k, 522, and 625 go up $7. The 622 and 722/722k models have a $5 increase. The 322 looks to incease $9. The SD solo receivers increase $2. If I've miscalculated, somebody correct me. Clever how the first bills after the new rate increases will be muted with a TV2 connection fee credit and an overall discount. Crap hits the fan in 6 months though when the "ease in" discounts disappear.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts