Upgrade Deals

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i disagree. i came back to directv in february after 14 months. i really didn't have any bargaining chips so i paid full price for first hr20. however, i had a h10 from a few years ago and asked if i could get a free upgrade to the h20...i did. that was one week into a two-year contract. two months into same contract, i'm getting a 2nd hr20 for 99 bucks. you just have to patiently know how to deal with these people.

could i have done better? probably. am i going to complain? no!

They told me I could not get a 2nd HR20 from them until 6 months had passed, I told them that I have had it for 10 months now, but they still would not deal with me.

Jimbo

my big complaint, jimbo, is that had they been honest with me to begin with, it would have saved me a lot of headache. its the lying that annoys me!

my big complaint, jimbo, is that had they been honest with me to begin with, it would have saved me a lot of headache. its the lying that annoys me!

I just think the people who answers the phones for Directv should be taught something ,because 90% of the time there info is false.All they do is read what there screen in front of them says,and have NO knowledge behind what they are reading.I'm not so sure they lie? or they just don't have a clue!

that's a very good point hemi. you know chase carey mentioned in last weeks webchat that he wasn't happy with the customer service reps. he said they need to operate more effectively and efficiently.....his words, not mine!

I agree ! For the most part I'm real happy with my service,but when I have a question Directv does a bad job giving an answer.And belive me !!! I always make sure they know when I'm not happy.But its been the same for the last 5 years so,I don't see them getting any smarter.I can't complain about the service or programming so I'll stick with them.

yeah, its been going on probably at least that long. the first time i had it back in 2002, i really had no problems.

then i went back second time in late 2004 and no problems until i upgraded to mpeg2. then it was one disaster after another. i left in january 2006. came back this february because i'm a sports fanatic and like my stuff in hd. the first few months no problems. but april, things started getting bad again.

carey stated last week that with the anticipated influx of hd upgrade this fall, they will need to hire more csr's. but then he stressed, they need to operate more ``effectively and efficiently.'' i can't emphasize his words enough!!

goood evening ,this is my 1st time to ask a ???,hope this is the right place,
i have a Dir/Tv dish KTI,with 3lnbs, what sats can be got with it,besides 110/119/
and what does OTA stand for,i have a FTA rec.,

ota - over-the-air. i believe sat 101 is the third one you can p/u with a three lnb dish. the super dish will p/up sats 99 and 103.

WELCOME TO SATGUYS!!

that's a very good point hemi. you know chase carey mentioned in last weeks webchat that he wasn't happy with the customer service reps. he said they need to operate more effectively and efficiently.....his words, not mine!

That's probably more a "shape up or we'll outsource you" type warning.

Yeah, like adding the perils of outsourcing will help things - sigh :rolleyes:

doing it and enforcing are two different things.

when i encounter an influx of helpful, truthful, caring csr's, i will say the program is successful!!

wanted to add, i noticed this morning (saturday) that someone gave me a $15 programming credit........probably to make up for their mixup. i guess something is better than nothing!

update to my saga: today, i notice in my account that i'm eligible for $199 upgrade for hr20 but it wants me to pay the cost upfront. can't do that until next week so i call. am told they can't bill but they would gladly take my 200 dollars on june 1 when i get my monthly va check. i make sure the csr notates the account. stay tuned.

Here's how you get the upgrade, as the installer is putting in my new HR20 as I write this.

Sent an email stating how my local cable company is offering the HD-DVR for free. Plus some 3 month deals on programming, etc... Also stated how I'll save since I already get my phone and internet through them.

I then asked how much would it be to buy out my contract, still had about a year left. Got a response email, then the phone call from customer retention. They gave me the total to buy out. THen he asked why did I want to leave, explained again on the phone and also that I didn't like having to pay $199.00 to upgrade.

THen was offered the deal:

Free HD-DVR
12 months free HD service (9.95 per month)
$10 off for 12 months
Free install
HAd to pay shipping and handling ($21.60)

Now everyone go get what we all deserve, a free HR20!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts