Upgrade HD receiver to HD DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rlavinder

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
I am wondering how much it would cost to upgrade one of my HD receivers to a HD DVR receiver. I only signed up with Directv a couple of months ago and I can already tell I need a second DVR to record some of my shows due to conflict in recordings between me and my wife. How much will they charge if I call in?

Thanks

$199 to add an HD-DVR. My suggestion is to order it from Amazon or Solidsignal so you get an HR-24. If you order through Directv, they can ship you any HD-DVR model.

$199 to add an HD-DVR. My suggestion is to order it from Amazon or Solidsignal so you get an HR-24. If you order through Directv, they can ship you any HD-DVR model.

You may get a better deal through Directv, but like you said, who knows which model you will get.

I would call in to see what kind of discount offer might be available. If they offer one, ask them if they will just apply that as a one time credit if you purchase one from another retailer so you can get a HR24. They should be able to post the credit when you call to activate the receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts