Upgrade Lagging HR34 to HR44 or Service Call and hope to get a HR44 as replacement?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Upgrades dont work as far as model numbers go (HR34 to HR44 is not considered an upgrade).
A Mini Genie to an HD-DVR would be an upgrade.
NOTE: Upgrades go based on TYPE of receiver e.g. HD receiver to an HD-DVR is an upgrade, HR23 to an HR24 is not.

Yes, you can't upgrade from an HR34 to an HR44....

I have cleaned my HR34 down to under 10% and did the Channel 1 memory clean up by pressing red, red, blue, yellow, green and still the receiver is slow. Now its a bit faster but still has plenty of lag. I called DTV and they never once offered a replacement receiver as an option, just offer trouble shooting and a new remote. They offered an IR remote but I already have one in my bedroom (works great on H25 HD Box) but I don't want another IR remote that will cause interference with my other receiver. Been a DTV customer with Premier Package and have been paying for the Protection Package for over 2 years now. I was told that if I wanted a new receiver that I would have to renew my agreement for 2 additional years and that I would not be guaranteed a HR44, that I may end up with another HR34. So how is that an upgrade? DTV claims that there is no difference between HR34 and HR44 other than built in Cinema Connection Kit. Otherwise, they swear I won't notice a difference in performance.

Not sure what you mean about the IR remote causing interference. You can control multiple boxes independently with IR. And why not an RF remote, makes more sense?
And yes, as far as DirecTV is concerned you can't upgrade from an HR34 to an HR44. They are both a Genie. That's always been DirecTv policy, when the HR24 came out many people with older HR2x boxes wanted to upgrade but it was not allowed. Even though everyone knows an HR24 was faster than an HR21, and that an HR44 is faster then an HR34.

I meant RF remote, I have one in my bedroom to control H25 receiver, love it! Directv offered a RF remote to control my slower than molasses HR34. My only concern is that I am afraid if I add a RF remote for my HR34 is that it will interfere with the other RF remote that I have in my bedroom controlling the my HD box. Do RF remotes operate on independent frequencies or do they all share the same frequencies? The proximity from my H25 box to the HR34 is only about 30 feet but in the direct path. I love all that the HR34 offers it's just the speed that gets to me.

Each RF remote is coded to a particular receiver so they don't interfere....you pair the remote to the receiver when you set up the remote

Switching to RF mode helps a lot, but the HR34 is just a piece of garbage.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts