Upgrade question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Katz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2005
I own an RCA F38310 HD tv with built-in HD directv receiver. (purchased in 2002)
I am curious if I would be able upgrade to a newer interactive HD receiver, or HD receiver w/ DVR. Specifically how would I hook up the new equiptment since the existing one is built into the tv. The inputs on the back of my tv are 1)satellite in
2) antenna A 3)antenna B. I do have an ota for my locals which are not available through D*. Thanks for any help you can provide!

I own an RCA F38310 HD tv with built-in HD directv receiver. (purchased in 2002)
I am curious if I would be able upgrade to a newer interactive HD receiver, or HD receiver w/ DVR. Specifically how would I hook up the new equiptment since the existing one is built into the tv. The inputs on the back of my tv are 1)satellite in
2) antenna A 3)antenna B. I do have an ota for my locals which are not available through D*. Thanks for any help you can provide!

As long as your TV has component or HDMI connections your TV can be upgrade to HD. The external HD receiver will plug into the component or HDMI connections and your ota antenna will connect to your "A" or "B" antenna coinnection.

The best thing to do is call D* directly and they may give you a good deal on an upgrade.

As long as your TV has component or HDMI connections your TV can be upgrade to HD. The external HD receiver will plug into the component or HDMI connections and your ota antenna will connect to your "A" or "B" antenna coinnection.

The best thing to do is call D* directly and they may give you a good deal on an upgrade.

It does have component inputs.

It does have component inputs.

He should be ok, but not sure what HD format his TV takes. If it does not take 720p, only 1080i, just shut Native to "off", on the display settings. Then select the format from the remote. My older Mitsubishi only excepts 408i, 480p and 1080i, so I leave the format at 1080i all the time and it works good on HD & SD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts