Upgrade to get more channels

Their channel lineup is confused as hell. But I see that the one I have at the top of my "dial", 626 (Latin Holiday Music), is indeed on the satellite. I also see a SoundCloud Emerging HipHop channel 724 which I don't receive on my Sirius radio. I suspect they're all virtual channel numbers and they could call them whatever they please.
It definitely is a confusing lineup. I found a list of channels and which ones are streaming only or both satellite and streaming: List of Sirius XM Radio channels - Wikipedia

At the bottom of the web page is a list of channels in the 700's that are streaming only.

Last edited:
My 2020 300 is one such car; it even has a subscription service to turn itself into a WiFi hot spot. I have never subscribed to that, but it supposedly was on free preview for the 1st year (now expired). It is still, somehow, sending health status back to my phone app (and my home email that I used to install the app) including stuff like tire pressure and oil life remaining. But at least it no longer tells me on the app that my gas is about to run out (with 1/4 of the tank left) but only because I deinstalled the annoying app. The rest of the info still gets emailed to my home email address.

The radio even claims to have apps, but none are of interest to me and don't include SiriusXM. My radio channel lineup ends at channel 626, which is some Spanish language station. Next one below is 480. So it goes above 300. IIRC I have the Mostly Music package.
Isn't there a way to keep the App thats annoying you and maybe change the notifications so it only shows when you look at it ... I think that would be a nice feature, but obviously not every day !
So I have 300 channels with a few that I listen too, if I had your radio going into the 600s I'd then have 600 channels and listen to a few ...

I just wish they would change the line up and make it like XM was when I had it (could still be that way) the MLB was all in the same block of channels and Football should also be in a Block of channels .... however, the NFL is scattered all over the place.

Now that I have the intermittant signal issue resolved, that would be the Biggest Change I would like them to do.

Reactions: TheKrell
Isn't there a way to keep the App thats annoying you and maybe change the notifications so it only shows when you look at it ... I think that would be a nice feature, but obviously not every day !
No, it is NOT a nice feature because it issued these damn fuel low notifications every damn time I turned off the car when it was maybe 1/4 or even 1/3 of a tank still left! Ridiculous nagging I can do without. If I'm concerned, I can just look at the gauge. It still dings at me when I go below 50 miles, which measure is itself ridiculously pessimistic. My 2012 DTE would change to Low Fuel if it thought I had less than 30 miles left. My 2020 is better; it stops calcuclating DTE at about 10 miles left. When I go to fill up the tank, it has at least a gallon left; usually 2. So these DTE calculations are also ridiculously pessimistic. I don't need the stress of having no idea how far I can actually go before I run out of gas.

From the current station list, Sirius radios top out at channel 174 (Influence France, a French Canadian Hop Hop channel) and XM radios have a channel 362 (Grown Up Jamz, adult R&B, not available on Sirius radios). Otherwise, all stations over channel 174 are not available via satellite.
You missed a few ... after 174, i think there a 184 (turns out 184 appears to be a Preview channel) and then 200's which bounce up to 210 ish on up to 219 and those Are Sports play by play channels.

No, it is NOT a nice feature because it issued these damn fuel low notifications every damn time I turned off the car when it was maybe 1/4 or even 1/3 of a tank still left! Ridiculous nagging I can do without. If I'm concerned, I can just look at the gauge. It still dings at me when I go below 50 miles, which measure is itself ridiculously pessimistic. My 2012 DTE would change to Low Fuel if it thought I had less than 30 miles left. My 2020 is better; it stops calcuclating DTE at about 10 miles left. When I go to fill up the tank, it has at least a gallon left; usually 2. So these DTE calculations are also ridiculously pessimistic. I don't need the stress of having no idea how far I can actually go before I run out of gas.
No setting in the app ?
It does sound annoying ...

I guess I probably would delete it then.

No setting in the app ?
It does sound annoying ...
I guess I probably would delete it then.
I found no such setting, but I didn't look very hard either. About the only thing it did of any interest was remotely locking and unlocking the doors. And it took 15-20 seconds to do so.

I could see no reason to have such a feature since the keyfob works from considerable range. I once got confused about where I parked my car in an enormous underground parking garage under the Ronald Reagan International Trade Center. It had 3 elevator lobbies which I didn't realize when I came out of one of them. Of course I went back down in another and could not find my car! Fortunately the panic button guided me to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foxbat
I found no such setting, but I didn't look very hard either. About the only thing it did of any interest was remotely locking and unlocking the doors. And it took 15-20 seconds to do so.

I could see no reason to have such a feature since the keyfob works from considerable range. I once got confused about where I parked my car in an enormous underground parking garage under the Ronald Reagan International Trade Center. It had 3 elevator lobbies which I didn't realize when I came out of one of them. Of course I went back down in another and could not find my car! Fortunately the panic button guided me to it.
My luck, when I hit the panic button, I would find that I'm on the wrong floor !

• Haha
The specification sheet for the latest SXM tuner shows that you can get up to 165 channels from satellite and use the SXM application to get up to 260 more channels with streaming, The SXM app works well with CarPlay. The number of channels vary with your subscription plan. The SXM app lists all the channels you can get.

You missed a few ... after 174, i think there a 184 (turns out 184 appears to be a Preview channel) and then 200's which bounce up to 210 ish on up to 219 and those Are Sports play by play channels.
I didn't miss them. SiriusXM doesn't list them in their printable channel listings (probably because they're all temporary channels).

Reactions: TheKrell and Jimbo
Hello. This is my first post in the SXM section and did not quickly see the answer...

I have been listening to SXM since I got a free trial with some football tickets I bought. The factory radio in my 2017 Nissan Frontier only goes into the low 220's but I hear them advertising channels in the 300-700s range often and find them on the app. They even advertise "free on the SXM app and on most radios with trials and popular plans."
My question: Can I get these channels in the truck? If yes, can I get these channels in the truck easily (like a quick thing you add on behind the receiver, like those HD radio upgrade kits)?

Thanks. (Maybe they could reduce the number of broadcast channels to improve sound quality?)
The Crutchfield website will show you whether the SXM tuner will work with your car stereo: SiriusXM SXV300V1 Tuner

I have XM on my Toyota, Its channels go to the low 200s. I use the XM app in my vehicle and wife uses the XM satellite radio in her car. I like the app better because the sound quality is so much better than the sat version.
I fully agree with the sound quality aspect of the app, but using the app while driving is not practical.

So if I get this (assuming it will attach to the radio, I saw the post below yours...) adapter, it will get more channels on the head unit or no?
I would say No, this will be No different than what you have in your vehicle now.
This product is used if you want to add SXM to a vehicle that does NOT already have SXM.

There aren't many options for satellite-only listening. If you want to get a lot more channels (including those above 300), the radio must support streaming.

So you need a vehicle with a Hot Spot ?
Can you use your Phone internet or a hotspot ?

However, when doing that, are you not just using the App ?

I Can connect my phone to the Truck and stream the higher channels, but that doesn't make them available thru the head unit.
Do you have CarPlay or Googles thing? That should allow the head unit to access the phone.