Upgrade to HR 20 DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tknopf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2004
Wausau, Wisconsin
I currently have a HR10-250 and would like to add an HR20 to my setup. This would give me plenty of opportunity to record HD content both on D* and off-air. With the off-air tuners being enabled on the HR20, this seems to be the time to do this. I have a few questions: First, will I need the new 5 lnb dish? I currently have 2 dishes, one is four the 72.5 locals in my area, and the other for my HD, etc..... How will this new dish effect my current setup? Also will I be able to run 2 lines to the HR10 and the HR 20? I have a multiswitch. Lastly, is it true that you can't or shouldn't share a Sat coax line with the off-air antenna on the HR 20? I am currently doing this with my HR10-250. I've called D*, but they don't seem to be able to answer these questions clearly.

I currently have a HR10-250 and would like to add an HR20 to my setup. This would give me plenty of opportunity to record HD content both on D* and off-air. With the off-air tuners being enabled on the HR20, this seems to be the time to do this. I have a few questions: First, will I need the new 5 lnb dish? I currently have 2 dishes, one is four the 72.5 locals in my area, and the other for my HD, etc..... How will this new dish effect my current setup? Also will I be able to run 2 lines to the HR10 and the HR 20? I have a multiswitch. Lastly, is it true that you can't or shouldn't share a Sat coax line with the off-air antenna on the HR 20? I am currently doing this with my HR10-250. I've called D*, but they don't seem to be able to answer these questions clearly.
========================================================
First, will I need the new 5 lnb dish? I currently have 2 dishes, one is four the 72.5 locals in my area, and the other for my HD, etc.....

5 lnb is not nessasary, but advisable to get, you'll need it in the furure for your HD channels, your locals will eventually be moved to a sat location that will be acccessable with the 5 LNB dish as well. you will probably be able to due away with the dish at the 72* location, IF D* has locals via the sat on the new MPEG4 available for you.
You did not say where you are at.
=========================================================
Also will I be able to run 2 lines to the HR10 and the HR 20? I have a multiswitch.

IF these two receivers are the only ones you are using, you would not need a multiswitch,,run two lines to each DVR.
IF you have more receivers to deal with, you will need to change your multiswitch to the one designed for the 5 LNB set up, If D* is doing the install, they should supply it.

Can't remember the name for sure, I think it's a WB 6x8 or something like that, but it's specifically designed to handle the KA signals as well as the KU currently used.
=========================================================
Lastly, is it true that you can't or shouldn't share a Sat coax line with the off-air antenna on the HR 20? I am currently doing this with my HR10-250.

You can NO longer share the coax line with the OTA antenna, the new frequencies used for the KA and the OTA signals conflict one another.

Q. If you have OTA with your OTA tuner, you get your channels for free, why pay D* for them ?
If you don't need the locals from D* you can already do away with the extra dish at the 72* location.

Jimbo
Merry Christmas

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)