upgraded to Starchoice HD

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well after 2 1/2 years with StarChoice I finally decided to upgrade to HD :)
Traded in the 205 for a 505 :D

just some thoughts

-DAMN thats a nice HD picture. Fun watching Hockey Night in Canada on CBC HD
-The guide is 10000 times better than the 205 (and faster)
-like having 2 sets of a/v outputs...I'm using component to the HDTV and a/v to the dvd recorder/harddrive (my DVI input is being used by the free to air box)
-having 4 sets of nets is cool (2 in SD 2 in HD) ;)

The menus are weird and I was confused not to be able to see options 6-0-5 right arrow to diag C screen for ebno number...the 505 its 6-4-7 and it shows in the main screen

so I might have some questions for y'all :)

I have a 530 and I've feel the HD on Choice channels looks a little sharper than on Dish (VS) for Hockey games. But that's just my opinion.

Well after 2 1/2 years with StarChoice I finally decided to upgrade to HD :)
Traded in the 205 for a 505 :D

just some thoughts

-DAMN thats a nice HD picture. Fun watching Hockey Night in Canada on CBC HD
-The guide is 10000 times better than the 205 (and faster)
-like having 2 sets of a/v outputs...I'm using component to the HDTV and a/v to the dvd recorder/harddrive (my DVI input is being used by the free to air box)
-having 4 sets of nets is cool (2 in SD 2 in HD) ;)

The menus are weird and I was confused not to be able to see options 6-0-5 right arrow to diag C screen for ebno number...the 505 its 6-4-7 and it shows in the main screen

so I might have some questions for y'all :)

My new Starchoice 505 is on the way and I have been thinking of how I will be connecting it to my HD tv. Is the DVI on the Starchoice 505 actually an input?? Since I don't have the manual yet, I was thinking the DVI would be an output to the TV, and I would need a DVI to HDMI plug to connect them. So the component to the HDTV gives you an excellent picture? I assume you are using the RCA plugs for audio? Thanks for the guidance, I'm having a hard time waiting for the box to arrive.

the SC box has a DVI output...so you could hook it to a HDTYV that way...both of my HDMI plugs are filled so...

The component outputs are very clean. That's what I use and have no issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)