upgrading to HD with Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wo0t

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
USA
Hi, I just bought a new HDTV and was looking to upgrade my Dish service. I currently have America's top 200 with a DuoDVR 625 and a Solo 311. What is the best/cheapest route to upgrading. Is there anyway I can upgrade the receivers for free? I have been out of contract for 3 years now. I've been contemplating a switch to DirecTV to get their introductory pricing, but it's a hassle setting up and switching services. It's probably more expensive there after the intro period there, but at that point maybe I can switch back and get the intro price from Dish again. Anyone ever played the provider roulette like this before? Anyone upgraded to HD recently? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for any advice.

Hi, I just bought a new HDTV and was looking to upgrade my Dish service. I currently have America's top 200 with a DuoDVR 625 and a Solo 311. What is the best/cheapest route to upgrading. Is there anyway I can upgrade the receivers for free? I have been out of contract for 3 years now. I've been contemplating a switch to DirecTV to get their introductory pricing, but it's a hassle setting up and switching services. It's probably more expensive there after the intro period there, but at that point maybe I can switch back and get the intro price from Dish again. Anyone ever played the provider roulette like this before? Anyone upgraded to HD recently? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for any advice.

If you send me a PM with your phone number or account number, I can see what upgrade options are available

A retailer may let you do the upgrade yourself and not charge you anything, just sign the contract. Ya never know.

When I inquired about this, I was told I'd need to pay a substantial equipment fee plus a new 24 month commitment. I passed. Cable company you'd just call up and pick up a new box plus a few dollars extra a month. Advantage: cable.

HanoverPretzel said:
When I inquired about this, I was told I'd need to pay a substantial equipment fee plus a new 24 month commitment. I passed. Cable company you'd just call up and pick up a new box plus a few dollars extra a month. Advantage: cable.

For now........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts