upgrading to HD with Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So glad to see DIRTs so active on the forum! I have a VIP622 connected to two TVs. Optimally, I would love to have a two-room setup with both TVs viewing content in HD, both sharing as large a hard drive as possible, and both having a Slingbox capability. What are my options for upgrading? I had looked at the 922 a while back, back it doesn't look like that's available any longer.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I can't PM until I've posted at least once, thus my public post. :)

Sincerely,
Robert Bernstein

Do NOT get the 922.

Send a PM to Dirt (Dish Internet Response team). Contact Zach...in post right above yours...or go to bottom of forum page, look for members in RED.

Hi, I just bought a new HDTV and was looking to upgrade my Dish service. I currently have America's top 200 with a DuoDVR 625 and a Solo 311. What is the best/cheapest route to upgrading.
If my recent experience is a guide, then go on ebay and buy HD receiver(s) [$50-150 each] and a 3 satellite dish [$50-$75]. You can use one of the existing receivers outside with a small TV for pointing. Your AT200 already gets the HD signals, but your 625 and 2-LNB dish can't see/receive the HD satellite.

Is there anyway I can upgrade the receivers for free?
I'm sure Dish will install new hardware for a multi-year commitment. But you'll have to pay a DVR lease fee [$7-12/mo] forever.

If my recent experience is a guide, then go on ebay and buy HD receiver(s) [$50-150 each] and a 3 satellite dish [$50-$75]. You can use one of the existing receivers outside with a small TV for pointing. Your AT200 already gets the HD signals, but your 625 and 2-LNB dish can't see/receive the HD satellite.

I'm sure Dish will install new hardware for a multi-year commitment. But you'll have to pay a DVR lease fee [$7-12/mo] forever.

Or if you buy the receiver/s, you will have to pay the same fee now called equipment fee forever anyway....

Flashback thread. I still get a chuckle out of post #22.

"I once wound up writing a lengthy letter"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)