upgrading to HD with Dish Network

So glad to see DIRTs so active on the forum! I have a VIP622 connected to two TVs. Optimally, I would love to have a two-room setup with both TVs viewing content in HD, both sharing as large a hard drive as possible, and both having a Slingbox capability. What are my options for upgrading? I had looked at the 922 a while back, back it doesn't look like that's available any longer.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I can't PM until I've posted at least once, thus my public post. :)

Sincerely,
Robert Bernstein

Do NOT get the 922.

Send a PM to Dirt (Dish Internet Response team). Contact Zach...in post right above yours...or go to bottom of forum page, look for members in RED.

Hi, I just bought a new HDTV and was looking to upgrade my Dish service. I currently have America's top 200 with a DuoDVR 625 and a Solo 311. What is the best/cheapest route to upgrading.
If my recent experience is a guide, then go on ebay and buy HD receiver(s) [$50-150 each] and a 3 satellite dish [$50-$75]. You can use one of the existing receivers outside with a small TV for pointing. Your AT200 already gets the HD signals, but your 625 and 2-LNB dish can't see/receive the HD satellite.

Is there anyway I can upgrade the receivers for free?
I'm sure Dish will install new hardware for a multi-year commitment. But you'll have to pay a DVR lease fee [$7-12/mo] forever.

If my recent experience is a guide, then go on ebay and buy HD receiver(s) [$50-150 each] and a 3 satellite dish [$50-$75]. You can use one of the existing receivers outside with a small TV for pointing. Your AT200 already gets the HD signals, but your 625 and 2-LNB dish can't see/receive the HD satellite.

I'm sure Dish will install new hardware for a multi-year commitment. But you'll have to pay a DVR lease fee [$7-12/mo] forever.

Or if you buy the receiver/s, you will have to pay the same fee now called equipment fee forever anyway....

Flashback thread. I still get a chuckle out of post #22.

"I once wound up writing a lengthy letter"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)