Uplink Activity 5/09/08 6:45 PM EDT 87 changes

Some of theses channels Hans is listing make no sense in relation to the 25 Charlie announced on the last Chat....Travel Channel, CNBC, Max-W. 5-Max, Mojo? Wonder if E* is playing games with the names. That being said, among other reasons, Hans' info IS interesting in that the he shows the HD channels in the 300 range are the 4 that dont have an SD simulcast...a piece of this puzzle that fits/doesn't conflict.

Well, Charlie's list was a "Most" and "soon" list. Perhaps CNBC was the hold up on USA and Sci-Fi... as far as Travel and Mojo (and WFN) they were channels that d* doesn't currently offer, nor does it look like they plan to do so anythime soon (why tip your cards to your opponent - would be nice to see e* have some exclusives d* doesn't have, at least for a little while). Or they could have been contractually held back from providing the channel names...

All I know, I hope RFD-HD is one of those last temps to be deciphered (that would mesh well with WFN!)

Some of theses channels Hans is listing make no sense in relation to the 25 Charlie announced on the last Chat....Travel Channel, CNBC, Max-W. 5-Max, Mojo? Wonder if E* is playing games with the names. That being said, among other reasons, Hans' info IS interesting in that the he shows the HD channels in the 300 range are the 4 that dont have an SD simulcast...a piece of this puzzle that fits/doesn't conflict.

Dish & Makes no sense.

Sounds about right to me....

Just because these temps are showing a certain network video, does not mean THESE are the channels we will be getting. Cnn hd was placed in one of the earlier temps that was something else.

It is going to be an interesting week for sure!!

Someone famous once said. " Isn't it nice to be excited about satellite tv again" or something like that.:)

Just because these temps are showing a certain network video, does not mean THESE are the channels we will be getting. Cnn hd was placed in one of the earlier temps that was something else.

It is going to be an interesting week for sure!!

Someone famous once said. " Isn't it nice to be excited about satellite tv again" or something like that.:)
You have D* also, no? That you're excited about E* getting new channels is cool. Sure would be great (to prob only one other person besides me) if they actually launched Tennis Channel HD, especially with Roland Garros in a couple of weeks. Has any of the other clay season tourneys been in HD on TC?

You have D* also, no? That you're excited about E* getting new channels is cool. Sure would be great (to prob only one other person besides me) if they actually launched Tennis Channel HD, especially with Roland Garros in a couple of weeks. Has any of the other clay season tourneys been in HD on TC?

Yes. I am very excited about what is about to happen to Dish.
A few of the Champions Tournaments have been in hd and also the Fed Cup. Very Nice.

I really doubt the Tennis Channel will be on Dish by the French Open.

But should follow within the next month or two afterward.:)

Every channels Haans has listed has an SD counterpart except Mojo, Smithsonian, MGM...

Fox Business Network has both an SD and a HD channel. I have seen both master feeds to this on my free to air equipment.

QVC has both SD and HD, TWC HD has only Storm Stories and such in HD until June. Hallmark Movie Channel has an HD and so does the Travel Channel. All of these could be a possibility soon as I am hoping the channels Haans listed is correct.

Oh and all the HBO and Cinemax feeds (26 to be exact) have HD simulcasts as well now. Maybe one day Dish will actually launch all of the HBO's and Cinemax's that cable co's currently offer.

I am!! I was having a good nap and rolled over, turned on the TV and there was this new file in the changes folder. Oh well. :D
Oh, you have nice TV set; it's so smart and intelligent to obtain updates from satellite stream, connect to your PC and upload files. :D
Is it tickle your armpit to tell what's happened midnight ? :p

Does Digiblur not have the equipment to see this same stuff? Can he not verify this legally? I'm doubtful about this report. I'm very wary of Dish right now.

DISH Network Prob asked for him to be Banned. I think that is how this site works. They censor thr truth if you speak in rumor its ok so the site owner can make a buck

:eurekaRegarding World Fishing Network:

TNGTony commented: "Some people watch these shows?" or something similar.

Answer: not only that, they go to fishing shows, buy lots of fishing equipment, and enter fishing tournaments. There are hundreds of thousands of people (if not millions) that would rather do that than get on their computers and search for more HD news. Weird, huh? The hunter-gatherer instinct is alive and well in America. That's why the National Rifle Association (NRA) has several million members, and the Outdoor Channel is the only channel some men watch (maybe some women too.)

Best regards. Have a happy HD weekend.:eureka

Fitzie

Fitzie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)