Uplink Activity 5/09/08 6:45 PM EDT 87 changes

It shows the integrity of this website and it's owners to ban people that illegally take satellite feeds from the carriers.

On the other hand, it shows the lack of integrity of Dish to not just tell people what they're doing.

I'm relatively new at all this, so I'm curious... Is there any way to obtain the information about what is showing on the TEMP channels legally at this point?

The reason why I ask is that if not, then why wasn't Hans banned after he first posted a partial list? Several staff members commented on this thread after that, yet he was only banned this morning. I just felt I had to point that out since people started using words like integrity and such. As far as I can tell, Hans may have been a Dish insider breaking an NDA, not necessarily a hacker. The whole banning just seems a little inconsistent with the reaction to his posts last night.

Rules are rules, but I felt the need to point this out.

On the other hand, it shows the lack of integrity of Dish to not just tell people what they're doing.

I don't think with Dish it's an integrity issue. It's obvious that they say "Soon" all the time because things happen. I don't fault dish for being late on there HD product, would I like to see it NOW? YES!!! but I can wait because I feel that Dish is doing us justice by being stubborn on pricing so that my bill don't go up.

Besides, like stated b4....half of the HD channels D* has don't show alot of HD content, so I am willing to wait!

I don't think with Dish it's an integrity issue. It's obvious that they say "Soon" all the time because things happen. I don't fault dish for being late on there HD product, would I like to see it NOW? YES!!! but I can wait because I feel that Dish is doing us justice by being stubborn on pricing so that my bill don't go up.

Besides, like stated b4....half of the HD channels D* has don't show alot of HD content, so I am willing to wait!

doesn't matter. you'll still get some hd content plus the sd programs will look much better.

Aren't we all accomplices for knowing about the illegal actions of Hans?
Oh, BTW. knowledge is wonderful, and now we all know more about the new HD channels that an average subscriber of E*.

The reason why I ask is that if not, then why wasn't Hans banned after he first posted a partial list? Several staff members commented on this thread after that, yet he was only banned this morning.
We of course have a post from a staff member who summarized the list too instead of it being in several posts too.... Not sure of the point of deleting hans' posts if that one can remain. :confused:

We of course have a post from a staff member who summarized the list too instead of it being in several posts too.... Not sure of the point of deleting hans' posts if that one can remain. :confused:

What posts from hans have been removed? I still see all of his posts from yesterday.

Should Dish tell us how much they pay their employees too ? That way we can dispute what they pay and argue that it causes our monthly rates to be higher...

Companies do not, and will not, announce their future plans until they're good and ready to do so. Actually, they can get in serious SEC trouble, for example, if they make a (false) announcement, which in turns in causes their stock price to increase. They also do not announce things (too far in advance) for competitive reasons.

What posts from hans have been removed? I still see all of his posts from yesterday.
Heh, have to admit that when I read that he was banned that his posts were also removed. I see that they haven't been.... Now I'm really confused. He's not allowed to do what he's doing but the results of his (illegal) actions are allowed to be posted here ???

The info in his posts had been qouted and repeated in several posts in here and in other forums...why bother deleting his posts now? The barn door had already been left open.

There were posts removed that were signed "his other name felicia", just to be accurate.

After his other was banned. If the info that was in the other posts was true he is very glad that it was deleted. Ice did him a favor there.

Last edited:
hall said:
Heh, have to admit that when I read that he was banned that his posts were also removed. I see that they haven't been.... Now I'm really confused. He's not allowed to do what he's doing but the results of his (illegal) actions are allowed to be posted here ???
I'll let the next post answer it
dws44 said:
The info in his posts had been qouted and repeated in several posts in here and in other forums...why bother deleting his posts now? The barn door had already been left open.

Normally posts associated with it would be deleted but as noted, its been quoted and requoted so why bother? That would take a bunch of cleansing products to do and I don't feel like being like the other site :)

Check this out

Schleiff also praised the launch of its HD Hallmark Movie Channel. The network, launched in March, already has about 8 million customers – 4 million from Dish Network and deals with Time Warner in San Antonio, Texas and New York City.

Hallmark Posts Strong Q1 - 5/7/2008 11:18:00 AM - Multichannel News

Does this mean that Dish has nearly 25% of its customer base with HD? Is E* paying Crown Media for a channel that we can't see at this time? Is it simply a typo or mistake? Thanks for the article.

Does this mean that Dish has nearly 25% of its customer base with HD? Is E* paying Crown Media for a channel that we can't see at this time? Is it simply a typo or mistake? Thanks for the article.

Not sure where they got their numbers but Dish does not release how many hd subs they have. Not many providers do at this time.

I do believe it is one of the new hd channels we will be getting---should I say the word--Soon.:)

Jim - I have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. Integrity has nothing to do with it what so ever. It has to do with business. They are not required to tell us what they are doing, or why they are doing it. All they are required to do (since they are a public company) is make their shareholders money. They aren't required to give us new programming or give us new HD or give us info of their plans. If it makes their shareholders (Charlie being one of the big ones) more money to haggle with providers over content or delay the release of anything then that is what they should do, plain and simple. Anyone who disagrees has no idea where the responsibilities of a public company should be. Please note: I say all of this owning zero stock in this company and being only a lowly subscriber.

doesn't matter. you'll still get some hd content plus the sd programs will look much better.

That is unless the network thinks that everyone should see their SD programs in Stretch-o-vision which MOST TVs cannot "unstretch", especially the Turner Networks with their scaled stretch-o-vision that distorts the image beyond repair!

Channels with 24/6.89 Stretchovision programming and .11 HD programming are NOT HD channels and completely unwatchable by those who want HD for... gasp.... PICTURE QUALITY!

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts