Uplink Activity 5/09/08 6:45 PM EDT 87 changes

Does Digiblur not have the equipment to see this same stuff? Can he not verify this legally? I'm doubtful about this report. I'm very wary of Dish right now.

The video is scrambled so there is now way to know what is really on the channels unless Dish lets you or you are doing something very bad. The only thing that Digiblur can see is what is in the tables. That is why they were showing tmp and the poster was giving the channels that were there. Digiblur would only be able to see the name tmp.

These up links are pretty good news for the Dish subs. If they actually get turned on I will be jealous on a few of them.

DISH Network Prob asked for him to be Banned. I think that is how this site works. They censor thr truth if you speak in rumor its ok so the site owner can make a buck

Umm...no.

I doubt DISH asked for him to be banned. Anyone on the Satelliteguys staff would have done it [banned him] for discussing, promoting, or providing evidence of hacked/illegal receivers, etc.

The sheer fact that your post remains and will remain visible is a testament to the spirit and nature of this forum. No matter how inflammatory or inaccurate your post may be, the powers-that-be will allow you to voice your opinion---uncensored. The moment you post anything with regard to illegal activity, however, you'll be banned.

EDIT: In case you missed it, here are the forum rules.
FORUM RULES said:
Forum Rules

Registration to SatelliteGuys.US is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

NO HACK TALK!

SatelliteGuys.US is a place to discuss LEGAL ways of receiveing Satellite and CableTV programming. We have a strict NO HACK TALK policy. Persons posting information on how to hack/steal services or requesting information on how to hack/steal service will be imediately BANNED, in addition to being banned you grant us permission to share your information including email address and ip information to the proper companies security department as well as the FBI.

Although the administrators and moderators of SatelliteGuys.US will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of SatelliteGuys.US, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of SatelliteGuys.US reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. By registering you agree to waive the right for legal action against SatelliteGuys.US, it's staff or it's sponsors. All posts made to SatelliteGuys.US become property of SatelliteGuys.US.

Umm...no.

I doubt DISH asked for him to be banned. Anyone on the Satelliteguys staff would have done it [banned him] for discussing, promoting, or providing evidence of hacked/illegal receivers, etc.

The sheer fact that your post remains and will remain visible is a testament to the spirit and nature of this forum. No matter how inflammatory or inaccurate your post may be, the powers-that-be will allow you to voice your opinion---uncensored. The moment you post anything with regard to illegal activity, however, you'll be banned.

Couldn't have said it better. There is no way for that retard to have seen the clear channels unless 1) he has legit dish equipment and is breaking internal dish rules, or 2) he is a hacker. My guess is 2 because I seriously doubt the people with legit dish equipment would be so stupid as to come spread that info on a public forum.

Well, we might have wished for the ban to happen after hans posted the last few tmps! ;)

That said, I thought the audio was unscrambled. That might have explained why he was taking his time to post the channel names. (He was listening for a channel to identify itself, or else comparing to a simulcast SD channel on a legit receiver.) Or so I thought.

But he did state he was viewing the channels, and he was obviously being cagey. But if he was a hacker and he could see these channels, then why couldn't he simply look at the icon at the bottom of the screen and post all of the names in a single post? :confused:

:eurekaRegarding World Fishing Network:

TNGTony commented: "Some people watch these shows?" or something similar.

Answer: not only that, they go to fishing shows, buy lots of fishing equipment, and enter fishing tournaments. There are hundreds of thousands of people (if not millions) that would rather do that than get on their computers and search for more HD news. Weird, huh? The hunter-gatherer instinct is alive and well in America. That's why the National Rifle Association (NRA) has several million members, and the Outdoor Channel is the only channel some men watch (maybe some women too.)

Best regards. Have a happy HD weekend.:eureka

Fitzie

Fitzie

So if they're out their hunting and gathering, why have a channel they will not be watching???

JK, don't get your fishing reel fouled over this....:D

dahenny said:
So....by Hans' name, it says "banned".

Is he a goner???
yes he is and so is his other name felicia

rey_1178 said:
it seems that way. why?
JAG72 said:
He was most likely using illegal equipment to see the channels.
bingo

stacy a said:
Does Digiblur not have the equipment to see this same stuff? Can he not verify this legally? I'm doubtful about this report. I'm very wary of Dish right now.
sort of. Since DIsh scrambled the channel all we can see is "Temp" with no sound. If there was sound or video, JOhnH or digiblur would have said what the channel "sounds like". SInce our hacker friend Hans blurted that he can see a picture, that means he's a hacker (or just a really stupid DIsh employee...I'm thinking the former)

Jeff0575 said:
DISH Network Prob asked for him to be Banned. I think that is how this site works. They censor thr truth if you speak in rumor its ok so the site owner can make a buck
shows your ignorance. DIsh doesn't ask us to ban people. We ban people. As someone else noted, since he was (now putting on my Judge Joe Brown voice) STUPID ENOUGH to tell us what the channels were and ADMITTED that he is seeing video on them. Then when asked what receiver he has he woudln't answer means that he is stealing.

We have a very simple policy here. Don't ask or admit you're stealing. Because I or any other staff member here will ban them. Plain and simple. We do not tolerate people who steal here.

Oh and you want "censor the truth"? I'll gladly give you a web site that will censor your post if they don't agree with it. And why would the site owner make a buck? Please help me understand this oh wise one

That said, I thought the audio was unscrambled. That might have explained why he was taking his time to post the channel names. (He was listening for a channel to identify itself, or else comparing to a simulcast SD channel on a legit receiver.) Or so I thought.

But he did state he was viewing the channels, and he was obviously being cagey. But if he was a hacker and he could see these channels, then why couldn't he simply look at the icon at the bottom of the screen and post all of the names in a single post? :confused:

Nope...they learned from that mistake. Audio streams scrambled.

yep. Post 40 he said he was viewing them

as for the 2nd question...maybe they were in commercial so no icon at bottom ;)

TNGTony commented: "Some people watch these shows?" or something similar.

Answer: not only that, they go to fishing shows, buy lots of fishing equipment, and enter fishing tournaments. There are hundreds of thousands of people (if not millions) that would rather do that than get on their computers and search for more HD news.

I love fishing. I love getting out on the streams. I love everything about fishing (except the bait ---eeeeuuuuuwwww) but I cannot, for the life of me see myself watching any kind of fishing show, let alone a fishing channel. :) But to each their own.

See ya
Tony

I love fishing. I love getting out on the streams. I love everything about fishing (except the bait ---eeeeuuuuuwwww) but I cannot, for the life of me see myself watching any kind of fishing show, let alone a fishing channel. :) But to each their own.

I don't fish but the Charlie Moore show on NESN is a riot

It shows the integrity of this website and it's owners to ban people that illegally take satellite feeds from the carriers.

Thank you for all you do in making this a great website.

See ya
Tony

so the sportsman channel is out of the question then? Hunting & Fishing....that's it :D

If Dish bothered to put up MAX-W :rolleyes: and 5-MAX , then obviously two of the remaining channels are AC-MAX and MO-MAX (in fact MO-MAX was on the official Dish list).

Who says you can't get something good for a Penny any more ? !

PS Wouldn't the remaining channel names likely be posted on the "NDS Forum" ? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)