Uplink Activity 5/09/08 6:45 PM EDT 87 changes

Interesting that the 4 channels that are not HD versions of SD channels are in the 300 range, rather than the 9400 range...
I think I've figured this out.

Currently, all HD channels that have SD equivalents will map down to a 3-digit number (like 110). And all local channels end up between 0 and 100.

But, people who map down, still have to go to 94xx in their guide for the unique HD channels (like HD-Net).

Maybe Dish is going to use the upper 300 channel range for those HD-unique channels, so that users can see all their subscribed video channels in the 0-905 channel range.

To quote Keegan: "I would luv it !". :D

Very true.... We've seen before that just because a channel is uplinked doesn't mean it will get turned on anytime soon.

I don't think that a channel has ever been uplinked with a DishLatino-HD channel number without being turned on within a few days (or hours).

This is clearly a big splash for the Team Summit.

Having said that...it is possible that some of these channels may not yet have signed contracts, though, and they may be setting up for them in case they they successfully conclude deals in the next week.

However, all indications are that ESPNEWS, Disney, Toon Disney, ABCFamily, Cartoon, Bravo, CNBC and Weather are done deals.

OK, so I went back through a few posts in the various forums and the channel chart...

If all the reported HD were turned on the following would be left from the Charlie Chat List:

AMC HD
BET HD
CMT HD
HBO2 HD
IFC HD
More Max HD
MTV HD
Nick HD
Starz Edge HD
VH1 HD

By my quick comparison that would leave the following National HD Channels that D* has an advantage by carrying:

FX HD
SPIKE HD
SPEED HD
FUEL HD
CSTV HD
Fox Business HD
Starz Comedy HD
Starz Kids HD
Starz West HD

That would make things very interesting... especially with Dish's HD Only package. My only reaction is... :hungry:

Please correct me if comparison lists are off. (I should note that I am not counting RSNs in the comparison.)

Last edited:
I wouldn't hold my breath on FX HD or Fox Business Channel HD as long as the Echostar/DirecTV/NDS trial is going on... heck, Fox Business has yet to launch SD...

I learned long ago not to hold my breath...I would have died long ago waiting for FSNBA-HD to available from dish...(the SF Bay Area RSN)

Wow this is a great sign.. If Dish gets some of these channels turned on between now and next Wensday that would be big.Also I think that would put them on track to get 25 new National HD channels by this summer. Either way things look bright for Dish. Dang trying to post by phone is nuts... :)

I motored the 90cm over to 129 and yep, no signal on TP 3. Don't worry about it yet.

Looking at some things on 61.5... TP 17 is active and empty. Spare factor TP? Possibly. They could squeeze together some of the QPSK stuff they have there to free up another TP if needed though.

Looking at 129... I find it odd that added the two channels to TP 3, they've got lots of space on 129 right now compared to 61.5. They're being sloppy on 129 right now ;)

If HANS1004 is actually viewing these channels and confirming, then it looks like the following lineup may be activated "soon".

374 = Smithsonian TMP6
376 = Mojo TMP5
385 = MGM TMP4
394 = WFN TMP7
9433 = DISE *
9434 = ABCFM * CBN News at night
9437 = Travel TMP1
9438 = TWC TMP2
9439 = CNBC TMP3
9443 = BIO TMP11
9444 = HMC TMP12
9445 = SHO2 TMP13
9463 = Toon *
9475 = VMOV *
9484 = TDIS *
9492 = Bravo *
9494 = ESNWS *

*Some of this information is according to 5/7 uplink report.

9441 MaxW
9442 5-Max
all still unknown so far as I know.

Last edited:
9475 is available now. It has been. Voom Movies was nothing more than a renameing of World Cinema. The "new" content began on May 1.

At no point in the last year has 9475 not been available.

See ya
Tony

I wouldn't hold my breath on FX HD or Fox Business Channel HD as long as the Echostar/DirecTV/NDS trial is going on... heck, Fox Business has yet to launch SD...

My cable company converts Fox Business to a 480i SD channel. Guess they feel it's not necessary to have in HD. I do want Fox News HD. Surprised D* hasn't launched it yet.

To review

TMP1 = Travel Channel
TMP2 = The Weather Channel
TMP3 = CNBC
TMP4 = MGM
TMP5 = MOJO
TMP6 = Smithsonian
TMP7 = World Fishing Network (People actually watch this stuff voluntarily?)
TMP8 = ???
TMP9 = Cinemax West
TMP10 = 5-Star Max
TMP11 = Biography (Stretchovision hell)
TMP12 = Hallmark Movie Channel
TMP13 = Showtime Too HD
TMP14 = ???
TMP15 = ???
TMP16 = ???

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)