Uplink Activity Report - 11/6/2008 1:02am - 16 changes

D

DigiSAT Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 11/6/2008 1:02am - 16 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 11/06/2008 12:47A - 11/06/2008 01:02A

Channel Additions:
5150(36) - WTVQ [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar8 77W TP 20 South ConUS beam (NA)(Lexington, KY)
5152(18) - WLEX [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar8 77W TP 20 South ConUS beam (NA)(Lexington, KY)
5153(56) - WDKY [MPEG4 HD] added to EchoStar8 77W TP 20 South ConUS beam (NA)(Danville, KY)
7220(33) - KSPR [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar8 77W TP 17 South ConUS beam (NA)(Springfield, MO)
7221(10) - KOLR [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar8 77W TP 17 South ConUS beam (NA)(Springfield, MO)
7222(3) - KYTV [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar8 77W TP 17 South ConUS beam (NA)(Springfield, MO)
7223(27) - KSFX [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar8 77W TP 17 South ConUS beam (NA)(Springfield, MO)
7224(31) - KWBM [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar8 77W TP 17 South ConUS beam (NA)(Harrison, AR)
7225(17) - KDL [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar8 77W TP 17 South ConUS beam (NA)
7226(21) - KOZK [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar8 77W TP 17 South ConUS beam (NA)(Springfield, MO)
7325(42) - WPBO [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar8 77W TP 20 South ConUS beam (NA)(Portsmouth, OH)
9206(27) - WKYT [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar8 77W TP 20 South ConUS beam (NA)(Lexington, KY)
9212(65) - WLJC [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar8 77W TP 20 South ConUS beam (NA)(Beattyville, KY)
9357(25) - KVTN [MPEG4 SD] added to EchoStar8 77W TP 17 South ConUS beam (NA)(Pine Bluff, AR)

Channel Removals:
6825 - UP6 (NA) removed from EchoStar8 77W TP 17 South ConUS beam
6828 - UP6 (NA) removed from EchoStar8 77W TP 20 South ConUS beam

Channels in the system: 5706
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an exciting development for those of us in central KY! WTVQ is ABC, WDKY is Fox, and WLEX is NBC, and have been available from Dish as SD locals. WKYT (CBS) and WLJC (religious) have also been available in SD. While these stations may not be made available immediately in HD, this shows Dish has us on its radar!

One wonders why WKYT is not also uplinked in HD, but the answer may (or may not) be due to the fact WKYT is using part of its digital spectrum to broadcast the local CW channel (about 1/8th), and it may also be using some digital spectrum for a weather channel (less than 1/19th of the spectrum if I recall correctly). Local reports have indicated that the split broadcasting has resulted in a less robust HD picture as compared to the other local stations. When questioned about this, the management of the station commented that acquisition of the rights to carry the CW broadcast as a DT transmission was a major economic gain to the station.

I notice also that the local PBS station is not listed. Too bad, since it carries some unique programming commercial free that I like.

With considerable hope, I am...:):):)

fitzie

These channels are actually on EchoStar 8 at 77w. I am receiving Signal on those 2 TPs. :D

:)I was composing my previous comment when this was posted, but appreciate it. I had wondered about the "Echostar 4" portion of the first post. Also a surprise is the fact the Louisville, Cincinnati, and Indianapolis stations were not included, though I don't get them. (Although I formerly got the Louisvile and Cincinnati stations via cable before the law changed to forbid the import of signal from other DMAs.)

The next step, of course, will be transfer of signal reception to 77W when the locals in HD become available. I don't know what that will involve since I currently get 61.5, 110, and 119 on 2 dishes. Maybe a replacement dish for the one that's pointing at 61.5? Whatever Eastern Arc requires, I'm guessing.

Best regards,
fitzie

Cincinnati HD at 77° would SUCK gigantic moose ---- for me.. I hope this isn't the case.

I guess the big news is Lexington and E*8's arrival.

Will Dish start using the spot beams I wonder?

See ya
Tony

While it's somewhat cool E8 is being fired up, after yesterdays long wait for an uplink, this feels like, as posted elsewhere
charlie-brown.jpg

not
snoop.gif

This is a surprise to me also seeing Springfield going to the EA, maybe HD will be comming soon. Looks like we will be installing new dishes.

Wow, interesting news! I've never even seen Lexington HD mentioned as 'upcoming' in any press releases.

I just got a call a few moments ago from a friend at Dish who says that Friday is still scheduled to be the day. I should note though that I have not confirmed this yet with any other contacts at Dish. When I am told stuff by them I usually like to confirm it with 2 or 3 folks before mentioning it.

Wow, interesting news! I've never even seen Lexington HD mentioned as 'upcoming' in any press releases.

When WLEX and WTVQ where having retrans problems with Time Warner, I saw statements by both that they had agreements with Dish and Direct. That was over a year ago. I wonder if the reason WKYT isn't uplinked is because they have the CW transmitted on 27-2 and want it included in the deal.