Uplink Activity Report - 11/6/2008 1:02am - 16 changes

SCOTT, HAVE YOU HEARD ANY NEWS REGARDING, THAT MAYBE CHARLIE HAS RESOLVED HIS TIFFS WITH FOX AND/OR VIACOM? MAYBE RESULTING IN THE THESE SO CALLED NEW HD CHANNELS.

Should we be concerned that Scott's source is saying Friday will be the day rather than tomorrow will be the day? Specifying which Friday will be the day would be very reassuring. Than again, this way I don't get my hopes up.

Is Exclusive really Charlie incognito? and he was worried that he didnt know about a Chat on Friday? and needed Scott to confirm his schedule?

Perhaps exclusive is a Dish employee trying to give us a hint with his Avatar: We HD is a Rainbow Network, along with AMC HD and IFC HD (and Voom, but I wouldn't count on that coming back)

Or maybe just another impatient HD fan. Who knows.

Perhaps exclusive is a Dish employee trying to give us a hint with his Avatar: We HD is a Rainbow Network, along with AMC HD and IFC HD (and Voom, but I wouldn't count on that coming back)

Or maybe just another impatient HD fan. Who knows.
Hmmm.... he changed his/her avvy to Homer... if we wanna read way too much into things, The Simpsons is a Fox property :hungry:

But if I were a gambling man, I think the rainbow odds (AMC/ifc/WE) are better than the Fox odds...
... and those odds are still a long shot.

Hmmm.... he changed his/her avvy to Homer... if we wanna read way too much into things, The Simpsons is a Fox property :hungry:

But if I were a gambling man, I think the rainbow odds (AMC/ifc/WE) are better than the Fox odds...
... and those odds are still a long shot.

Hmmm, within minutes of my making mention. After your post, we'll probably see a Spike (Viacom) avatar.

Is the lack of activity today a bad sign for tommorow?
Not at all, the real question is... is there any activity on those "HDPPV" channels uplinked a few weeks back...

Hmmm, within minutes of my making mention. After your post, we'll probably see a Spike (Viacom) avatar.

I think that would be the most accurate avvy to be used - when dealing in speculation. ('course using that same logic, maybe I should change my avvy OuterMax HD or @Max HD)

My recording of Hud on HDNet Movie indicates MPEG-4?
5106 MB/112 min = 2735 MB/hr
All my other recordings start at 3200 MB/hr and exceed 4000 if not trimmed to the recording length.
MPEG-4 recordings are from under 2000 to 2700 MB/hr.

Now to time HBO SHO TNT.... None yet on short recordings.
Maybe a false alarm as a short recording on HDNet Movie was ~3600.
Don't see how MPEG-2 can vary that much although it was B/W and top/bottom boxed.
-Ken

My recording of Hud on HDNet Movie indicates MPEG-4?
5106 MB/112 min = 2735 MB/hr
All my other recordings start at 3200 MB/hr and exceed 4000 if not trimmed to the recording length.
MPEG-4 recordings are from under 2000 to 2700 MB/hr.

Now to time HBO SHO TNT.... None yet on short recordings.
Maybe a false alarm as a short recording on HDNet Movie was ~3600.
Don't see how MPEG-2 can vary that much although it was B/W and top/bottom boxed.
-Ken

Still MPEG2 on the Western Arc... Check TheList link in my signature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)