Uplink Activity Report - 11/6/2008 3:39pm - 47 changes

Good for the HI and AK subs, but if this is the HD the insiders were talking about, they didn't understand what was going on.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think it's just as likely that they understood perfectly what was going on. New HD channels they said (or implied) were coming, new HD we got. The fact that many on these boards (me included) like to overthink things and interpret statements in ways they were never intended to be read is not the insiders' fault, it's ours.

There's no reason to think Dish is readying new national HD: they may be and they may not be, just no way to tell. In the past uplinks have come and gone with no channels being added.

Frankly, I just hope Dish doesn't decide to take channels away.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think it's just as likely that they understood perfectly what was going on. New HD channels they said (or implied) were coming, new HD we got. The fact that many on these boards (me included) like to overthink things and interpret statements in ways they were never intended to be read is not the insiders' fault, it's ours.

There's no reason to think Dish is readying new national HD: they may be and they may not be, just no way to tell. In the past uplinks have come and gone with no channels being added.

Frankly, I just hope Dish doesn't decide to take channels away.

Ditto on the not taking HD away. :) I don't think adding already existing HD to HI and AK qualifies as new HD though, although it's only my opinion.

Folks were saying new HD this week because dish will have a bad report come 11/10/08----

Well what if this report is great news---------

does that mean no HD for Dish???????

Ditto on the not taking HD away. :) I don't think adding already existing HD to HI and AK qualifies as new HD though, although it's only my opinion.

I think it's great news for us, even if it's not conus. Do you remember when you in the lower 48 only had 10 channels of HD? Well that's what we are living with. Dish could have turned these on along time ago, the spot beams have been there since E-10 came on line. They were fired up and carrying nothing.

I think it's great news for us, even if it's not conus. Do you remember when you in the lower 48 only had 10 channels of HD? Well that's what we are living with. Dish could have turned these on along time ago, the spot beams have been there since E-10 came on line. They were fired up and carrying nothing.

We're glad for those of you in AK and HI for sure. We know how frustrating it must be for you to see the lower 48 getting HD while you get a few scraps. Our point was that if the E* insiders were talking about new HD, it's hard to see how making existing HD available outside CONUS is adding new HD. It's more akin to putting existing HD on more channels.

If they had done this two weeks ago I would never had checked with Direct. About time. Congrats to all of the AK/HI/PR customers.

We're glad for those of you in AK and HI for sure. We know how frustrating it must be for you to see the lower 48 getting HD while you get a few scraps. Our point was that if the E* insiders were talking about new HD, it's hard to see how making existing HD available outside CONUS is adding new HD. It's more akin to putting existing HD on more channels.

I don't see the correlation between this and anything that might come tomorrow or whenever. These are 110s, if the HDPPV is hiding the new channels, they were on 129 anyway. I think the idea that this is a bone for HI and Alaska, while the lower 48 get something else, is closer to the truth. I can't see any "insider" thinking us or investors, or whoever, are that dumb.

If they had done this two weeks ago I would never had checked with Direct. About time. Congrats to all of the AK/HI/PR customers.

I don't think PR will actually benefit from this since it's in a spotbeam, am I'm wrong? If I am, tell me so I can finally add the HD package.

Agreed. Adding the same channels to different customers is not new channels.
They may be new to some, but not to all customers

They still have today.

I'll believe it when I see it (it's in my EPG). It's still just a rumor, leave it at that. Even Scott is not sure what's going on, and getting conflicting information.

C'mon, after all this time, and numerous disappointments in the past after getting hopes up, I'm surprised that people still put all of their faith into a rumor.

I'll believe it when I see it (it's in my EPG). It's still just a rumor, leave it at that. Even Scott is not sure what's going on, and getting conflicting information.

C'mon, after all this time, and numerous disappointments in the past after getting hopes up, I'm surprised that people still put all of their faith into a rumor.

Exactly why I posted a poll in the main forum.