Uplink Activity Report - 12/4/2008 4:02am - 67 changes

I see WNDU (Ch 16 in South Bend) is showing active in HD now. On 61.5 Can anyone confirm that it is available? If so, I will be installing my old Dish 500 pointed to 61.5 and hoping they get the rest of the locals up soon. No chance of the South Bend locals coming to 110, 119 or 129?? Probably not, but thought I would ask. Never hurts to ask!

Update: I see they added it and removed it...I guess it isn't available yet. DARN

I can confirm that I can watch WNDU-HD on 5192 and WNDU-SD on 7092.

here's hoping the other 3 follow quickly since they were previously uplinked earlier this year.

I presume you would need something like TSReader on a PC.

By slates I mean are the still just drawing 1 mbit/s, ore something more reasonable for HD

Question For Digiblur - From A Senior Novice

FYI... the MPEG4 HD's added to 110 are running around 1mbps, which means they are probably a slate. So the HD on 110 is getting quite a bit of bandwidth since the TMP channels aren't pulling much bandwidth. They should look awesome right now! ;)

Digiblur,

Three years ago I thought that the bitrate for mpeg2 was around 12-17 mbps and was subsequently reduced to 7-11 mbps which severely downgraded the picture quality.

How does 1 mbps in mpeg4 compare to 12-17 mbps in mpeg2 which yielded an excellent picture?

Digiblur,

Three years ago I thought that the bitrate for mpeg2 was around 12-17 mbps and was subsequently reduced to 7-11 mbps which severely downgraded the picture quality.

How does 1 mbps in mpeg4 compare to 12-17 mbps in mpeg2 which yielded an excellent picture?
Sort of asking an "Apples and Oranges" type of question there.

The 1 mbps MPEG4 signal is likely a static slate(no movent in the picture). It is encrypted and not available for observation

I think someone didnt understand my post about the bitrates.

I never said the channels you are watching are 1 megabit. I said since the new TMP channels were only slates that the other channels were getting a lot of bandwidth due to TMP channels are not using much bandwidth.

I can confirm that I can watch WNDU-HD on 5192 and WNDU-SD on 7092.

here's hoping the other 3 follow quickly since they were previously uplinked earlier this year.

Are you in south Bend? Do you have the 1000.4 dish or do you have a dish aimed at 61.5?

Right now I just have a 1000.2 that was installed Sept 2, 2008. wish I would have known about the EA and waited for that.

Well, there is also the likely possibility that they are going to announce channels tomorrow night for a Wednesday or Friday launch...

True. Comedy Central was rumored for a Wed. launch, so we don't need to see stuff starting until Monday. But Cox is now claiming they won't get that channel until the first week of Jan, so it may have been pushed back. There is also plenty of other things they can launch. But why wait?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts