uplink activity??

Uplinks happen on Wednesdays.

Don't expect the new HD channels (which are already uplinked and are running in engineering mode) to be turned on to the public until about 2PM eastern time tommorow.

OOOPS, I guess I got all excited for nothing.
This is why I love this web site, I get information before Charlie talks about it on the Chat or the other guys on Tech Chat.

Uplinks happen on Wednesdays.

Don't expect the new HD channels (which are already uplinked and are running in engineering mode) to be turned on to the public until about 2PM eastern time tommorow.

Scott ... do you know what channel numbers each of the new HD channels will be given? Looks like the satellite charts have most after the Voom channels with one before. Would make sense to put MHD close to Rave ... but we will see!

It looks like 9468 and 9487-9492 were recently uplinked as test channels. I don't know which channels will be assigned to these numbers though....

America's Top 100 and Dish HD
9492 - MHD - Music High Definition
9487 - Discovery HD
9488 - The Learning Channel

America's 200
9489 - Animal Planet HD

America's Top 250
9468 - Golf/Versus
9490 - The Science Channel

That Christmas Eve analogy is better than I thought. :) Some people won't sleep tonight waiting for Santa to arrive with a bag full of HD.
Can't sleep? Let's just hope we all wake from this long-running nightmare known as DishHD-Lite. Seriously, let's also hope that Charlie Clause isn't toting a bag of filled of DishHD in its current form (aka Bag O' Crap). Offhand, I don't think Charlie Clause can stuff much more crap into our already "bursting from the seams" soiled stockings.:no

The real deal is whether Dish & Company can improve HD quality...offering just one (1) HD channels in their DishHD lineup would be a good start.;)

I am sorry, but one good deed does not negate all the missteps, misdeeds, and mischief the DishHD dunderheads have committed. Some people will complete forget about Michael Vick's crimes should he throw a few passes...however, others will not. Dish Network should admit guilt and make amends for being major purveyors and perpetrator in the theft of our HD.

The verdict is pending...

Hmm what about CMT and VH1?? Also thought History Channel was going live as well.

Hmm what about CMT and VH1?? Also thought History Channel was going live as well.
There is no CMT or VH1 HD. Those channels have programs on MHD which is a combination of MTV, CMT and VH1.

If I remember correctly History HD is coming on September 1st.

Well the HD-Lite issue I think will be taken care of in the near future so dont make a mountain out of a mole hill.

I cant wait for people to start complaining that all these new channels arent 100%HD, that there crap, that they stretch content, a waste of bandwidth etc etc etc, and blame Charlie for it.

I guess Charlie needs to go out and get exclusive all HD networks to broadcas...oops That would be the Voom networks, and they repeat shows too much..

No way to win this argument is there? :)

All of the new HD Channels from Discovery (including TLC HD) are MOSTLY UPCONVERTED SD and is presented in Stretch-O-Vision.

There is not much true HD programming at all on these channels. This of course will improve over time.

In addition each channel is reported to have the channels logo on the screen all the time.

If this is true, then I can predict we will see lots of complaints about these new channels.

The only channels showing real HD around the clock is MHD and .VS/Golf HD

All of the new HD Channels from Discovery (including TLC HD) are MOSTLY UPCONVERTED SD and is presented in Stretch-O-Vision.

There is not much true HD programming at all on these channels. This of course will improve over time.
I expect the Discovery programming strategy will be similar to NGHD, with most of the true HD in prime time. And I'm sure that there's some HD in their library right now, looking at all the letterbox stuff that's been on for the last few months.

Until they make infomercials in HD, you won't get HD 24/7 from any mainstream channel.

Yeah and thats not Dish fault or any other TV Service Provider. The channel PQ and how good the content is on the channel will only be as good as the Network is. So until these channels start doing more in True HD then your limitations fall back on them like as it is with any HD Channel. Very few channels can do anything in HD 24/7 due to most have not made their shows or programs in HD yet. So we must wait on the Network to get their HD Hardware in place so they can provide more HD. Overall this should not be a surprise to anyone.