Uplink report for March 20/2019 this week

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Comet is a good addition if you like cheesy low budget Sci Fi (e.g. Mars Needs Women, Invasion of the Star Cretures)with an occasional gem 9blaula, Sleeper and Troll 2)thrown in . But I wish they would add some diginets I can't get.​

Comet is a good addition if you like cheesy low budget Sci Fi (e.g. Mars Needs Women, Invasion of the Star Cretures)with an occasional gem 9blaula, Sleeper and Troll 2)thrown in . But I wish they would add some diginets I can't get.​
Do you have a roku?

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Why? It's all old SD .....stuff anyway isn't it? All those "diginets" are a waste of satellite bandwidth. Ducking now.
No it isn't all old SD stuff. Just like ME TV, there's also a lot of wide screen stuff that would benefit from being broadcast in HD, or at least HD Lite. I have ME TV available on a sub channel broadcast in 720p and it looks good. That said, Dish does a pretty decent job with ME TV on 247 in SD thanks to that anamorphic lens stuff.

in my own opinion time for dish to add the rest of our channels that broadcast in high def and lets get working on adding those SES satellite ultra 4k HD channels fulltime.also add plutotv and xumotv as applications on the hopper 3 for us cord cutters.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Good channel. Already get it OTA and streaming
You would think with all the available bandwidth from HBO/Cinemax channels that are gone for good they would add Comet in HD. Apparently not.

Most of the diginets (Get TV, Grit, etc) are only in SD. METV is one of the few that is in HD OTA. KATU Portland runs METV on 2.2 in 720p. I was watching some old material this week from the 60s/70s that was in SD Video tape and the pq is not the best compared of today's video. Earlier video tape was fuzzy. Try freezing it and blowing up the picture. Some of it is terrible. But video tape was cheaper than film. By the 90s, HD video tape hit the industry and that video is much better. When TV went from film to video tape, the pq really went down.

Good channel. Already get it OTA and streaming

Most of the diginets (Get TV, Grit, etc) are only in SD. METV is one of the few that is in HD OTA. KATU Portland runs METV on 2.2 in 720p. I was watching some old material this week from the 60s/70s that was in SD Video tape and the pq is not the best compared of today's video. Earlier video tape was fuzzy. Try freezing it and blowing up the picture. Some of it is terrible. But video tape was cheaper than film. By the 90s, HD video tape hit the industry and that video is much better. When TV went from film to video tape, the pq really went down.
60s and early 70s there was no video tape

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: TheKrell
Why? It's all old SD .....stuff anyway isn't it? All those "diginets" are a waste of satellite bandwidth. Ducking now.
I disagree. I'm located at the digital cliff of my locals and can't receive some of them so I have to sub to Dish's locals and the addition of the national feed diginets are icing on the cake. I'm not ashamed to admit I enjoy watching Buzzr, MeTV and the like. Comet will be a welcome addition as I already watch it on Stirr.

Reactions: Howard Simmons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)