Uplink Reports?

bigrich

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
I realize that the person that did the uplink reports passed away, but it has been a couple of weeks and we still have had no updates. What are the plans for uplink reports? It is something I really miss here at Satellite Guys.

Digiblur is still alive ;) He does the uplink report

From a post when JohnH passed away the software Digi was using had a major issue and he was trying to fix it. Thats the last we heard

ANY NEWS ON WHEN THE REST OF THE PBS-HD CHANNELS COMING?IM WAITING FOR KETC IN MY AREA..THANK YOU FOR ANY REPLIES

It is very likely faster to go back to your own parser than it is to figure out what went wrong with John's. That is your preferred endpoint anyway. Just say a final sad goodbye to John's code and let it go.

My parser is in play so I am not sure what you mean about going back to it.
Well, that's confusing! In the Uplink Center, you wrote:

I'll get the parser fixed, then within time I'll remove the need to have the parser at all.
My interpretation of that remark was that it was John's parser that needed fixing, and that you intended to remove it eventually and put your own (or something equivalent) in it's place. My thought, based on my failed attempts to understand other people's spaghetti code, was that it would be faster and easier to "remove the need to have the parser at all" sooner rather than later.

Well, that's confusing! In the Uplink Center, you wrote:

My interpretation of that remark was that it was John's parser that needed fixing, and that you intended to remove it eventually and put your own (or something equivalent) in it's place. My thought, based on my failed attempts to understand other people's spaghetti code, was that it would be faster and easier to "remove the need to have the parser at all" sooner rather than later.

There are two parsers in play. Each does their own thing to get to the needed result. Recreating JohnH's part is no easy task, nor would recreating what I have done on mine(as others were saying to recode that part too). At the time I would have said it would be easier to fix the one that was busted and let it run while I work on the big task of merging the two parsers. But it has come to a point where I'm thinking of ditching it all together and focusing the energy on merging.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts