UPN Affiliates on Ku-Band Satellite (1997)

I also forget to mention that PrimeTime 24 affiliate WSEE 35 (CBS - Erie) known as "SeeCBS on Satellite" (which replaced WRAL Raleigh in October that year) also carried UPN programming as a secondary affiliate (Good News, Sparks, Clueless, Moesha, Malcolm & Eddie, Star Trek: Voyager, UPN Movie Trailer, The Sentinel, Love Boat: The Next Wave, Hitz etc...).

I also forget to mention that PrimeTime 24 affiliate WSEE 35 (CBS - Erie) known as "SeeCBS on Satellite" (which replaced WRAL Raleigh in October that year) also carried UPN programming as a secondary affiliate (Good News, Sparks, Clueless, Moesha, Malcolm & Eddie, Star Trek: Voyager, UPN Movie Trailer, The Sentinel, Love Boat: The Next Wave, Hitz etc...).
According to the Wikipedia article on WSEE, those satcasts were carried on C-band.

Swing and a miss.

Well I'm still looking for which bird the Paramount Stations Group (PSG) used for their newsfeeds at the time, Chris-Craft/United Television used GSTAR4 (R4) as mentioned earlier in this thread.

In the mean time as I wait (finishing the videos of networks uploaded), I know KAYU 28 (FOX - Spokane) which was carried on Anik E2 (A2), carried UPN programming as a secondary affiliate before KSKN obtained the UPN affiliation later that year.

StarChoice didn't carry WSBK Boston as a superstation until the following year. Whiles I wait to find out which sat carried the Paramount Station Group (PSG) newsfeeds, I also want to point out that the Florida newsfeeds were carried on S3R Ku, transponder 24 (that included WTEV Jacksonville (now-CBS and currently WJAX-TV) (newscast produced by WAWS Fox30) and WTOG Tampa Bay/St. Petersburg (whose newscast discontinued in 1998)).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts