US Electronics Legacy (Drake 1524)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

taelon721

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 30, 2006
Ok. I talked to the guy again. He made a mistake, and it wasn't the Drake 1550. It is really the Legacy. Would that be good for doing C-band Analog, straight FTA and Feeds? I don't care about the 4DTV stuff. I care about getting the stations you can't get on the big providers. <grin>

Is this going to have Blindscan? Or do Analogs even have that function?

Is there a channel limit that I need to worry about?

Just trying to make sure I don't buy the wrong thing.

Even if I had a satellite positioner box for the Pansat 2700, it, by itself, will not pick up Analog C-band, cause it is DVB only, right? I have to get an Analog receiver.

Thanks....

No blind scan on analog, just pre-listed transponders (24) , so its real easy just to flick through the transponders to see whats on!

True you need the analog receiver to see analog broadcasts!

Hey taelon721,

I have a Drake 1524 and it does both C and KU band analog. I bought a manual from Drake for $15.00. It is probably 30 or 40 pages. If I had a scanner, I would scan it in for you, but I sold my last one about 2 years ago. Never had much need to use it.

Mine works pretty good after you get the hang of how to program in the Sats and Channels.

I was given a Legacy C/Ku analog receiver to play.

Was going to send the IF port out of my Ultra into it. Use the BSC621 Combo C/Ku to see if I could find any analog.

But, the guy did not give me a remote control. Appears to have UHF antenna on the back of the receiver.

Trying to do ANYTHING with front buttons on the receiver is useless. I dont know what I'm doing, either. No manual.

Q - does the Legacy also allow IR remote to be used also?

I have a Harmony 880 programmable remote, and would try to figure out if I can get something loaded onto it if I can get the correct file/model to use... someone said this is a Houston Tracker 5 clone?

The Legacy I is a C/Ku receiver, modeled after the Drake ESR-1524, which was replaced by the ESR-1824 back in 1992 or 1993. It does NOT handle LNBF logic, so will not work on that C/Ku LNBF. The other issue that you would have is that Ku-band on any U.S. IRD requires 10750 MHz. A conventional C/Ku feedhorn with separate proper LNBs for each band would work best with your Legacy I.

IF your goal is to have something that works with LNBF logic, we have the Legacy 2 (II) receiver, patterned after the Drake ESR-1624U. (Both the Legacy 1 and 2 receivers have UHF remote controls, which are unique to each model, and will not work with an original Drake receiver). The Legacy 2 has a single satellite input, so would be best for C-band only, using a C-band LNBF.

Best regards,

Thanks mike.
My plan was to use the Ultras settings to force the 621 LNBF's to where they need to be set, and come out the IF port on back of Ultra and into the Legacy.

Wouldn the "control" be done by Ultra, and "reception" by the Legacy simply piggyback off the IF signal?

I think that should work. I have a Legacy 1 that I have hooked to the IF out on my FTA receiver. I have a DC block installed. I am able to pick up feeds, etc. and control the LNBF and Dish from the FTA box. Mine is a ku setup only so I wonder if you can use motor control from the legacy to drive the dish and LNBF control from FTA?

OK guys from what I can tell, this thing I have is a Houston Tracker 5 clone.
It has that buried in the FCC id number on the sticker attached to the bottom of the device.

Now, it has a UHF antenna. No remote.

I tried every darn HTS option for my Harmony 880 IR programmable remote. I cannot get any response out of this receiver. The closest the program finds is "HTS70" as the recommended device. But that doesn't work.

Can this thing be truly UHF only?

Would a picture JPG help at all?

Despite their many features, one of the negatives about certain Houston Tracker receivers is the conundrum you are in with remote controls. Only their UHF remotes work (no IR function at all), meaning that there is no real way to integrate them into any universal remote.

mikekohl said:
The Legacy I is a C/Ku receiver, modeled after the Drake ESR-1524, which was replaced by the ESR-1824 back in 1992 or 1993. It does NOT handle LNBF logic, so will not work on that C/Ku LNBF. The other issue that you would have is that Ku-band on any U.S. IRD requires 10750 MHz. A conventional C/Ku feedhorn with separate proper LNBs for each band would work best with your Legacy I.

I looked on one site that had C-band stuff, and every LNB for it said LNBF. Does that mean practically all new LNB are not going to work, or did I just go to a site that sold only one type?

I am starting to get confused....

I got a 10 ft dish Monday, so I need to make a decision on a cheap analog receiver.

Thanks...

An LNB does not have a feedhorn, an LNBF has a fixed feedhorn. In other words, the LNBF has a feedhorn made to it, while the LNB don't. The F stands for feedhorn.

Al

voomvoom said:
An LNB does not have a feedhorn, an LNBF has a fixed feedhorn. In other words, the LNBF has a feedhorn made to it, while the LNB don't. The F stands for feedhorn.

Al

Oh, Ok. Thanks..... That explains it....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Had to get a different Analog Receiver

C-Band Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)